Lake Moultrie 1-12-08

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by jk888, Jan 12, 2008.

1. jk888

jk888 Member

State:
    GA
    Went fishing today with Iceman (Gary) and Funflycrazy (Harold).
    We put in at Short Stay with no problems.
    Water temp 52 degrees 0 wind just about all day. Even though we were trying to drift the wind was not helpful. We still managed to catch fish, all blues. The largest being a 20 lber. We caught fish from 25 to 45 ft water.
    We tried different baits but the only thing they biting was herring.
    We got the Herring from Neds, just for info.
    A good time on the lake was had by all.

Jim

2. krowbar

krowbar New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Nice job. With no wind to boot, thats pretty good. Thanks for the info on Ned's too. Good to know where to find some bait.

3. funflycrazy

funflycrazy New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Hey Jim, had a great time yesterday. Thanks for all your help. Still got a lot to learn. I'm thinkin about takin my son with me in my boat next time. He's 11 years old and could use a lesson in patience. He likes to pan fish cause he can cast over and over so i figure if i get him in open water he might just learn something about life. Anyway thanks again and looking forward to next time.
    ps; did you fix that bent hook for me?? LOL

4. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Sounds like yall had a great time Jim. I will be down this week and maybe if you are around we can meet up for breakfast or something. I will let you know befroe I come down.

5. jk888

jk888 Member

State:
    GA
    Yeah James just let me know I would be happy to have breakfast or what ever.

Jim

6. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Sounds good Jim I actually was down today but we put in at short stay. I am thinking about wednesday but I think I might go to Wateree and check out that instead.

7. jk888

jk888 Member

State:
    GA
    Okay James I hope you have good luck at Wateree.

Jim

8. andrew492

andrew492 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    sounds like yall made the best of it