Lake Moultrie 02/14/09

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by JDWILLIS39, Feb 14, 2009.

1. JDWILLIS39

JDWILLIS39 New Member

State:
    NC
    In spite of the rain (it did RAIN) the bite was off and on for me, others said they caught fish all day. I got 3 two 14's and a 32 lb. The 32 my biggest ever while fishing alone. I found him I caught him. What i caught was in 30 to 35 feet of water on cut shad. Put him in my avatar. Was a good day fishing.

2. bruce edmunds

bruce edmunds New Member

State:
    southcarolina
    way to go jd great catch ,on some nice cats

3. fishmccall

fishmccall New Member

State:
    Anderson sc
    congrats jd nice fish:wink::smile2:

4. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Way to go, John! Nice fish. I can see you were after quality over quantity today. Thanks for the report. I was afraid the catfish would all be knee deep in the mud with the weather. Hoping to get out there tomorrow, myself.

5. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    John, you spent Valentines day all alone on the water??????..........fishing for catfish?:eek:oooh::crazy::confused2::embarassed:

ME TOO!!! Well I wasn't alone, but I was there in the rain too!:roll_eyes:
    We caught 7 total, 5 over 30lbs. I am sure we saw you and didn't know it, wish I had known we could have sat in the comfort of that toon and told fish stories!

6. JDWILLIS39

JDWILLIS39 New Member

State:
    NC
    My wife was busy picking out a diamond ring and was not available to fish yesterday.:wink: Come on by if you see me I got room. Got Sweetwater toon with black cabana on it. Name on boat is "I'll Miss Her". My legs giving me troubles today going have stay in I think. Sounds like you had nice day even if it did rain.

7. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    The solo trips are hard work, but very gratifying when successful!

Bill in SC

8. nanny patrol

nanny patrol Member

State:
    SC
    Good deal John, sounds like a good day out

9. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    John that is no easy task landing a 30+lber by yourself. It sure is hard to hold the rod and the net at the same time. Glad you had a good day.

10. Big_cat_hunter

Big_cat_hunter New Member

State:
    Saluda, SC
    Congrats on your big fish! That's what it's all about. Sounds like you had fun, despite the rain. I hope your leg gets better so you can get back out there after 'em.

11. JDWILLIS39

JDWILLIS39 New Member

State:
    NC
    I got back out yesterday the 17th and got 22, 18, and one about 10. bite was really slow and fish scattered and wind was to much or to little depending on time of day. They like garlic flavored shad (frozen) yesterday. It was pretty nice day on water. I will run across really big one some day. I can see when Capt Jim (jd888) goes out :smile2:and I follow him till he runs off and leaves me. He knows where the fish are. Good fishing.