Lake Monticello

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Chalk, Jan 6, 2008.

1. Chalk

Chalk New Member

State:
    Union, South Carolina
    Well I finally got a chance to go fishing today and what a nice day it was. Wind was perfect and it was rather warm to say the least. Did some drifting since I am still trying to figure this drift thing out. First drift 30 minutes in and rod doubles over the side of the boat. Finally got him in and I guess he weighed around 10 lbs not really sure since I don't have any scales. We ended up catching 4 more fish but not anything to brag about. Did anchor up one time but never got a bite so we went back to drifting. Caught the last two fish at the same time. I have posted somes pics but the date was wrong on my camera when I took the first pics but I corrected it after I noticed it. All fished were released after photo so they could get big to fight another day.

Attached Files:

2. Chalk

Chalk New Member

State:
    Union, South Carolina
    Here is a couple more pics. Didn't get to catch what I wanted to but really enjoyed the day.

Attached Files:

3. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Thanks for the pics and report Kevin. Sound like ya figured out how to drift.:wink: Good Job!!!:big_smile:

4. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    sounds like you had a good time even thogh you didnt get a hawg. Keep on driftin I have fell in love with it.

5. dust777man

dust777man New Member

State:
    SC
    Congrats on the catch. Drifting is the way to go. The big ones will come.

6. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Hang in there, Kevin - it takes a while to figure the drifting thing out. Many of us are still learning :smile2:

7. matt8823

matt8823 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    i have a question about drifting. when you drift do you cats your lines out or do you have them just above the bottom?

8. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I personally like them staggereted different distances behind the boat but if the fish are suspended in the water then you will have to put the lines straight down at the depth they are at.

9. Cat Lady

Cat Lady New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Thanks for the pics!!!! The big one will bite when you least expect it.

10. seagrave

seagrave New Member

State:
    sc
    we usually cast them out the boat and then let the line free spool until it gets away from the boat a good distance . keeping them far enough to stay on the bottom while moving..the faster you drift the more line we put out..

11. andrew492

andrew492 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    we had a good time looking forward to do it again but without the hex.