Lake Monticello

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by RiverratSC, Dec 17, 2005.

1. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Guy's I don't want anybody mad at me but the lake's name is Monticello just like the town that its located on.

Just so y'all know its a pumpback lake with no major inflow. They pump water from Broad River into the lake. Although they are several very small creeks flowing into the lake, they are not enough to keep it at full pool.

2. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Oh yeah Kingfisher Maps have a map of Monticello on the back of a Murray map. As far as I know that is the only map of the lake.

3. whichrod

whichrod New Member

State:
    columbia sc
    true true, but us southerners pronounce it mono not monti haa ha and our redneck spelling comes up number one on google search

4. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Went yesterday I think a black cloud is over me now.First the steering went out on the boat but it worked long enough to fish which was a complete waste of time.I never got a good hit the few fish I did catch acted like they were wore out they didnt hit hard and didnt fight good thats not normal for blues.The biggest was maybe 7 lbs with wet boots.If that wouldnt bad enough by the end of the day my trim went crazy and started trimming up and down.The bad and the good side is its a 2005 boat and moter so maybe theres warranties but its bad because something that new shouldnt be tearing up.As far as Monty goes its gone take alot more than that for me to give up on it but thats one of the worst days I've had on Monty.

5. tony

tony New Member

State:
    lake Murray sc
    well that really stinks!! sorry for the bad luck there chrisblue!! because you are the monty man as far as i'm concerned!! i may go there tommorrow?
    good cattin to all!!! Merry Christmas to all!!!!!

6. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Alright black cloud has left at least this past weekend fished all day sunday caught only 2 fish then at 4:30 it was like somebody hit the switch rods started layin down left and right by the end of the day we had 14 from 2lbs to 31lbs most of them were small but we still had a good time. Caught em on herring in about 15 to 25 feet thats the shallowist I've caught em this year.

7. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Good for you :thumbsup: Keep at 'em!

8. tony

tony New Member

State:
    lake Murray sc
    I've said this a thousand times!!!! ChrisBlue is the Monty Madman!!! Good for you Mr. Blue!!!!!! Good cattin to all!!!!

9. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Went Saturday caught 15 nothing over 10lbs couldnt pay a big one to bite.Seen one on the Auqua Vu that probably went 60lbs or better fished over him for 2 1/2 hours I think I caught every fish in the hole but him.I just got the Auqua Vu it was one of the cheapest ones its black and white but it still works pretty good.Its a little cloudy in Lake Greenwood but it works good in Monty.So for anybody thats been sceptical about getting one like I was, its worth the money, it wont make the fish bite but it will give you a lot more confidense in the area youre fishing.Sometimes you will find yourself not fishing and messing with the camera.

10. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    15 cats is a great trip in my book. Seems like you're settling into your game!!:0a23: