Lake Monticello

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by chrisblue, Mar 7, 2006.

1. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Went to Monty thursday caught 14 all little.Real rough and discouraging I think I need to start fishing with white perch again because you just cant keep the little ones off the herring.

2. whichrod

whichrod New Member

State:
    columbia sc
    how deep were you fishing?? how little were they?

3. tony

tony New Member

State:
    lake Murray sc
    thats shocking to me there Chrisblue?? you catching little ones?? your the monticello madman!! you better get you some white perch! i've been wearing the white perch out here on Murray all winter long!! big eating size! 2 to 3pounders! been using 1/2 ounce berry spoons in about 45 feet of water off points, catching cats along with them!! bottom bumpin has been the deal!! try it for perch on monty!!! might work! good cattin to ya!!!!

4. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    2 and 3 lbs one may have went 8lbs, 5 to 65 feet they normally start biting perch better in spring but I didnt have enough time to catch any.

5. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Went yesterday the wind blew like crazy caught 9 the biggest three were 8 to 12lbs the rest were pretty small.I got tired of trying to anchor so I started drifting thats when I cuaght the 3 biggest.

6. tony

tony New Member

State:
    lake Murray sc
    your the man!!!! the monticello madman!!!! hopefully i'll be out cattin, tuesday,wednesday and thursday!!! depends on old man weather!!!! great cattin to all!!!!!

7. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Good luck, Tony!!! My wife & I didn't get a chance to go out this weekend as we are getting ready to move this Wednesday, but I hope that you knock'em dead!

8. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I'm hoping to get down after the first week of April. I'll let y'all know when I'm going as soon as I know.