Lake Monticello water temp

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by tnfishman, Dec 24, 2007.

1. tnfishman

tnfishman New Member

State:
    tennessee
    Anyone know what the water temp is on Monty now??

2. monticelloJCR

monticelloJCR New Member

State:
    South Carolina, Monticello
    Not really sure, my boat is in the yard. I have one of those fishfinders that you cast out on your rod. If i can find it I will see if it has a temp. on it. I dont know how accurate it will be!

3. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    New years eve the temp was 58 - 59 in the upper end of the lake. Could not find any fresh bait, picked up 7 blues around 3 -5 pounds on old frozen shad. It was a beautiful day, but the wind kept shifting making it hard to drift.

4. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    steve...just a thought...now this won't help you with the current water temps in monty but since your new to this site it is well worth you reading this thread about the water temps in monticello...it was a thread put up last year about the water temps in monticello and the "theroies" behind the water temps being so warm and consistant...you will have to go to the archives to find it but i'm telling you it's a great thread with great info...i wish i could find it for you but i don't have the time right now.