Lake Monticello water level

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by wylie catter, Oct 9, 2007.

1. wylie catter

wylie catter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Let me ask a dumb question that I hope I already know the answer to. Since they pump water out and back in everyday the water shortage aint affecting the lake level, right? Those ramps should stay usable shouldn't they? I'm planning on going down friday. Just thought I'd ask before I went. I've never seen water levels so low everywhere.

2. AgentDuder

AgentDuder New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    i havent had any more trouble than usual getting my 21'cc in and out. they start drawing the lake down around 1pm but that is standard. the water level is at its highest in the morning.

3. bomber

bomber New Member

State:
    SC
    The maximum they are allow to draw down the lake is 4 feet. You should have no trouble even at 4 feet down. Then Its pumped up at night when the power load is low usually at night.

4. Big Cat Hunter

Big Cat Hunter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    The only way the drought is gonna affect Monticello is if the Broad River dries up. The lake level is fine. I was down there Sunday. They are starting their winter time schedule. The lake level is staying higher than during the summer.

5. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    The Pacolet River is whats keeping enough water coming down the Broad River to Monticello. Its very low here in Cherokee County where it crosses the state line into SC. Pacolet River is pretty low to so its just a matter of time before they'll have some trouble.