Lake Monticello Tournament Results 5-23-09

Discussion in 'Catawba Catfish Club' started by martygreen, May 23, 2009.

1. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    The Catawba Catfish Club had our 5th tourney of the year today,it was a nice day to be on the water with overcast skies most of the day,it was a little windy as usual for Monty.We had 19 boats[48 participants plus several kids} show up for todays tourney:wink:another great showing,WTG guys,All were competing for a $960 total pot and $190 Big Fish Pot.We didnt have a real good bite today but a few teams found some quality fish as usual,didnt hear of any skunks on any boats,just smaller fish for the majority.Thanks all for coming out and supporting the Catawba Catfish Club,we look forward to seeing you all on June 27th at Wateree for our first night tourney of the year,cant wait for that one:big_smile:
    Here are the results for todays event along with some pics,congrats to all the top finishers:

1st-George Lindsay{George 2} and Damon Gibson{DamonG}-52.75 lbs and $480
    2nd-Harry Dickerson and Harry Dickerson Jr.-44.90 lbs and $290
    3rd-Bruce Edmunds{bruce edmunds},Doug Crawford{poppop} and Jonathon Rambo{sunbird}37.60 lbs and $190
    4th-Mark Williams and Jamie Williams-35.70
    5th-Joe Varnadore,Mike Fox,Chuck Flynn-33.05
    6th-Tony and Angie ?-25.80

Big Fish-36.10 lbs-Harry and Harry Dickerson Jr.-$190
    2nd Bish-George and Damon-26.70 lbs

See Yall in June:wink:

Attached Files:

2. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Here are a couple more pics-The Big fish Pic and check out the unique whiskers on the cat George and damon caught:

Attached Files:

3. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Congrats to George and Damon on a fine win!:wink: Another great tourney put on by the Catawba Club and Team Smackdown was glad to be a part of it.:wink: With 19 teams, I think they found a third Lake to add to the trail for multiple events.:big_smile: Great job Guys! :wink:

4. bruce edmunds

bruce edmunds New Member

State:
    southcarolina
    team smackdown had fun ,another fine tournament ,thanks marty avd jeff<team green>:big_smile:

5. GatorT

GatorT New Member

State:
    Camden, South Carolina
    I'd like to congratulate the winners. Guys, I'm sorry I missed it. I was about 20-25 minutes late. Team Boondocks offered to let me use their radio, but I figured I'd already, as they say, missed the boat.

We still fished until about 12-1 o'clock, then headed back home.

I like the waters. I will be fishing there again. But I don't think anybody would have needed to have any fear of us winning the tournament today.

Again, congrats to all of the winners. And I will be early to the next tournament.

(How do you miss something as big as the EZ Mart?:embarassed:)

6. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Congrats to the winners. Looks like yall another good crowd and a great time.

7. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Congratulations to the winners!!! :wink: Lake Monticello has some monster blues in it, but the bite can be hit or miss. When you put 19 boats full of the best catfish anglers in the Carolinas on the water, someone will find some big ones.

Another awesome turn out for the Catawba Catfish Club. These events are producing the biggest showing of boats of any series in the Carolinas this year.

8. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    hate i missed it i fished the carolina catman tourney at wateree probally see yall next month

9. Jeffrey Green

Jeffrey Green New Member

State:
    S.C.
    Thanks everyone for the great turnout.Congrats to the winners ,it was a tough day for most but there is always some who find the ones that want to take the bait.You all are a great bunch of people and look forward to seeing you back at Wateree next month.

10. GEORGE2

GEORGE2 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Thanks everyone for the congrats! That was the first tourny me and Damon (Team Fat Cat) ever won. Thanks Team Green for putting on a great tourny! I'm already looking foward to the Wateree night tourny, should be a good one. :big_smile:

11. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    My goodness, i fished 2 weeks and couldn't find them and these guys do it in 8hrs.:angry::smile2: Great jobs guys! you wouldn't tell a good old fisherman what ya caught em on, would ya?? also GPS location? How deep? etc....:smile2:

12. GEORGE2

GEORGE2 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Thanks Dean! I don't mind telling at all. We cought fish on bream heads, gizzard shad heads, bream and shad fillets, bream and shad chunks, live herring and cut herring. We brought a wide varriety. The wind was good so we drifted the east side of the lake near the cow pastures. We tried to start off in shallow water and work our way out to 45ft deep water, then we would pick up and start all over. The magic depth seamed to be 30 to 38ft but we did catch a few in shallow water and a few in deeper water. I don't fish Monty much but I've learned its not a lot of places you can drift and drag the bottom with out getting hung up, there is so much standing timber in that lake I always plan my drift around it. Basiclly we covered a lot of water looking for active fish. I will say this those Monty blues fight really good. You would think you had a 30lb fish on only to find out it was around 20lbs.

13. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    George we fished in that area the week before the tourney and caught a lot of eating size fish in about the same dept range. Largest we caught was the day before (i released) and was only about 15lbs. I just couldn't seem to get that big'un. As far as fightn, them little 3-5 lb'ers fought like big fish. I guess that is why i was wanting to hook up with a big boy. See ya guys at wateree...................Ya better be ready :smile2:

14. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    "Team Green" and "The Green Machine" will be fired up for the Wateree Tourney

15. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Didnt mean to cut it short,got interupted,Anyway,the first night tourney of the year is going to be a blast,Its time for Team Green to get back to the top of the weigh in.Monticello is a great lake,but there is just something about Wateree at night.Cant wait.

16. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Im looking forward to getting back down there also, and night time makes it even better. Ill be on Wylie the next few weekends and hopfully going to the big water the week befroe, so I wont make it down there untill the tourney. See you guys there.

17. DamonG

DamonG Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I can't wait for the night tournaments on Wateree. There have been so many good fish cought out of the lake this year and it seems they are only getting bigger. I would love to break that 50lb mark this year.George has already caught a 41lb and a 43lb this year, I need to catch up :smile2:. My wifes cousin caught a blue that was over 50lbs this year. His scale bottomed out at 50 and he couldn't find a scale that went over that so he took some pictures and let it go. Would love to catch that one during a tournament.:big_smile:

18. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Damon, that looks like a Santee Flathead your'e holding up :smile2: a big one to. I always went to Santee for big fish and when gas prices hit the roof i went down to Wateree to see if they had any bigun's, 3rd trip i landed a 50lb Blue and been hooked ever sense. Its a lot easier and cheaper to drive 40 min instead of 3 hrs, and the trip back home is the one that has caused me to fall in love with Wateree. I use to almost live at Santee, i bet i didn't get down there but twice last yr. See ya guys at Wateree

19. GEORGE2

GEORGE2 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    I'm telling everone I know that fishes for catfish about the Wateree night tourny. I know a bigger field of boats makes it harder to win but to me its a lot more fun and it makes the pot a lot more also.:wink: Don't know if they will show but I'll try to do my part to help Marty and Jeff reach that 30 boat goal.

20. DamonG

DamonG Member

State:
    South Carolina
    You are correct about the flathead, I would say you know your fish:smile2:. I have always fished Wateree and have caught a lot of good fish, just not any near 50lbs. I know they are in there and some even bigger i just haven't been at the right place at the right time to catch one. I have hooked some big ones that I have never gotten to see, but you know how that goes. Hope to see you at one of the Wateree tournaments.