Lake Monticello Sunday 26th

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by AgentDuder, Aug 27, 2007.

1. AgentDuder

AgentDuder New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    On the way to the lake my wife called and asked with the weather being the way it was were we still going. I said whats going on with the weather? We're going fishing.

Got to the lake around 1:30 or so.

Wind was blowing so much at the ramp just about run by boat into the boat dock unloading. Then we were off. Got out to the deep water and got some lines out. 2 down rods, 2 on corks, 3 free lines, 2 big down rods (Just hoping for a big one while we were catching supper.) Caught 3-5, 2lbs in about 15 minutes and noticed the weather. Headed for a cove to ride it out and returned in about 30 min. The freelines ended up catching the most fish. Caught maybe 4 on the the corks. Nothing on the big rods.

Left aroung 6- 6:15 with 21 eaters (1.5-3lbs.) All in all a good day. No lost rods today! The water was ultra calm when we left and got the boat on the trailer easier than ever. Still had to back in the hole on the end of the ramp though. No problem now that I know the tires are big enough to handle it.

Ready to go back. Good fishing to all.

2. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Quinton, I know those cats are going make a great supper for you,:big_smile: and I'm glad you had a good time.

Sounds like the fish wanted to bite. thanks for the report.

3. dust777man

dust777man New Member

State:
    SC
    Sounds like you had a great time. What were you using for bait?

4. AgentDuder

AgentDuder New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    cut herring, cut bream, cut white perch