Lake Monticello report for 9-28-08

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by bruce edmunds, Sep 29, 2008.

1. bruce edmunds

bruce edmunds New Member

State:
    southcarolina
    took my brother and my son ,to monticello for a little driftfishing.very littlewind,so we had to use the trollingmotor.fished from 7am to about230pm.caught 8fish .a 45,40,27.8,29.5,29.7,10.7,3,2, i only reeled in one the 40lbs one.my son the 45,29.7,10.7,3,2,.my brother the27.8,29.5.the two 29 pounders and the 10 ,all hit about the same time,andthings got all tagled up by the time they go them in .they had a real good laugh:smile2:trying to get those in .i was just the net man most of the day:sad2:theyboth had a reeling good day.

2. bruce edmunds

bruce edmunds New Member

State:
    southcarolina
    i forgot ,pic will be later,something wrong with computer scanner, and all fished were cpr,to catch again:smile2:hopefully:wink:

3. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Congrats on the Monty Smackdown, Bruce!!! That's a heck'ofa day. I'mo try to drag the ole' man out there later this week and see what we can rustle up on them lucky scrimps (gonna use the REAL BIG ones) :smile2:

4. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    sounds like an amazing day out on the lake. cant ask for better results without being greedy. and im sure you didnt mind netting fis for your brother and son. i love netting fish for my friends and family. i get just as much joy and sense of being proud when i am there with them and get to see their faces. and i am sure that is what you were doing all day.

5. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Glad ya had a great day buddy!:wink: I know Steve and Ray were smiling from ear to ear. Glad ya getting some time on the net! Hopefully I can put to work with it next time we go.:smile2:

6. bruce edmunds

bruce edmunds New Member

State:
    southcarolina
    here are the photos from Monty

Attached Files:

7. bruce edmunds

bruce edmunds New Member

State:
    southcarolina
    other two pics from monty

Attached Files:

8. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Way to go Bruce! We fished Sat. and didn't have that good of a day. we only caught 3. The biggie was 75lbs. Glad you had a good day on the net!

9. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    75lb fish not a good day man I need to fish with you sunbird.:wink:

10. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Bruce is that the Great Smoky Mountains in the background if so I know right where your honey hole is.:smile2::smile2::smile2: Great job and congrats on a fine day fishing.

11. Beaufort

Beaufort Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Good trip bruce and some great pics I wanted to go sunday but didn't make it looks like I should have.

12. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Amazing day! thanks for sharing them!
    Bill in SC

13. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    James,

You can go anytime you like! The other two were a 14 blue and 3lbs channel. We fished many more hours than Bruce, that's why I said that. Hey, Iv'e been skunked on that lake many times. I'm taking my 3 1/2 year old son up Friday and plan to camp out over night.

14. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I sure would love too see the pic of that 75lb blue.:wink: Did you catch him on Monticello?

15. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    <I sure would love too see the pic of that 75lb blue..

ME TOO!! :wink:

BB in SC

16. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    No Can Do! I forgot the digital camera and I had to use the back -up throw away. I still have several pics left to take before I get it developed.

I do have a pic of a 112lbs. from monty! I'll see if I can find it and hope my scanner doesn't make a mess of it

17. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    A 112lb blue now I know I will have to see that. That would be the state record.

18. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    There is actually another 112lbs blue that was caught more recently and the picture of it is posted in the store (Monticello EZ Mart) right there at the lake, hwy 215 and hwy 99. I think the person who caught that one is from union, not positive on that.

19. catchaser1

catchaser1 New Member

State:
    Anderson S.C.
    wow, yeah i would love to see that pic!

20. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Not one to stir the pot here,but the pic of the fish in the Monty Ez Mart is no where close to being 112 lbs:crazy:,thats pretty clear to anyone who has ever seen many big cats in person:confused2:,that fish dont even look near as big as the 80lber PopPop,caught at Monty:wink: and it was witnessed and photographed by at least 3 other folks:eek:oooh:,jusy my 2 cents worth,I know if I caught a 75lber and had proof of a 112lber i would be knocking on the door to WalGreens to get some film developed bright and early and also hitting every newspaper in the State that I could,not to mention someone with a certified scale.:cool2: