Lake monticello report 11-24-06

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by martygreen, Nov 25, 2006.

1. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    me and my brother went down to monty friday morning,had a good day,had fish of 22,20 18,14 and several in the 4 to 8 lb range,all fish were caught drifting in 25 to 60 ft of water,we had to cut the day short though,we left at 1:30,had to get back and take care of some things,had two other friends down,they were having a good day also,they stayed on,when we left i know they had one 28 and one 18 and several others smaller,dont know what their final tally was yet,all fish were caught on cut shad by the way,was a beautiful day to be on the water:big_smile:

Attached Files:

2. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Good fish Marty. I wish I had time to go down.

3. tony

tony New Member

State:
    lake Murray sc
    those are some beautiful fish! i need to get my butt up there and get in on some of that action!!! great job!!!

4. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Nice fish, Marty! Glad that you had a good day :lol:

5. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    thanks pat,was a great day to be on the water,and hey we caught a few fish on top of that,and to top that off,those gamecocks just just put a whipping on those tigers,been a good weekend so far,now if the panthers can take care of businees with the redskins,everthing will be just lovely

6. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    I hear you Marty now you startin to see what Monticello has to offer aint you.

7. wylie catter

wylie catter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Dern marty I wish I would have known you were down there. I was there all morning till around 3:00. We probably passed each other on the lake. Good looking fish you got there. I started out fishing for big ones but didn't have any luck so I started trolling and catching little ones. I ended up with a whole cooler full of fish. All from 2 to 4 lbs. I was happy with that.Those will be good for a little fish fry. I knew two other boats down there friday. The best fish for them was a 44lber. He called me and said come look at this fish before I let it go. So I did, it was a pig. Those guys caught a lot of big fish that day. They stayed anchored all day long. It was a beutiful day to be out on the water. The only problem was there wasn't enough wind to try out my new drift sock until about 1:00. So I trolled. We were all using shad all so. Cut and whole. I had a guy with me who doesn't ever fish, and he had a ball. I let him catch 90% of the fish. The only time I caught one was when we had two on at a time. It was a good day.

8. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    hey terry,i wish i had known you were there too,we also started out trying for the big ones also,but didnt have much sucess,we moved back down towards the other end of the lake and started picking up a few,we drifted across one area that was holding a bunch of fish so we started just kinda circling that area,we were on my 21 ft fishing barge pontoon,green and white,we left about 1:30,my brother had to be back in town,still had a good day,sounds like you did too,later