Lake Monticello in 1-1-07

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by martygreen, Dec 30, 2006.

1. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Can we get a head count on who is planning on fishing Monty News Years day,i know of 10 people that is gonna be there,3 boats,and have not heard from 2 other boats yet with probably 2 on each for a total of 14,may be a couple more from the crappie site that has not posted yet,may turn out to be pretty good turnout.

2. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Who all's going out, Marty? I was thinking of going out on Tuesday, either to Monty or to Greenwood.

3. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    I'm gone try to get there.The way my luck has been goin lately I should probably stay at home but I'm gone try to come anyway.

4. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    hope to see ya there chris,pat there is about 14 that i know of that are coming,4 or 5 boats and still havent heard on a couple others,a few guys from this site had posted they may join,waiting to hear confirmation,why dont ya come on up and join us,hope this weather will hurry up and get outta here,seems like everytime i have a chance to fish lately it bad wind,or wind and rain,hopefully it dont deter to many from coming,i can deal with the rain,dont wanna see a whole alot of wind,right now they calling for 8 to 10 but at monty thats more like 15

5. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    Marty

What is the format? It sounded like a big fish event. I don't mind doing that but I am not real crazy about 5 fish weigh in, 40 entry and the whole 9 yards. I am planning on fishing the CC tourney in Feb but that is different. Basically just looking to have a good time on New Years and meet some other fishermen. What is your take.

6. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    We will just do a Big fish pool,

7. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    sorry,hit a wrong key,anyway,we will just do a big fish pool,$10 dollar entry per fisherman,big fish wins the whole pot,fish Does Not have to be alive,you can catch and release at your on discretion,fishing will be done out of 99 landing,fish from 7a to 4p with weigh in at 4:30p,we usually do a livewell or cooler check before event just to keep it honest,not that any of us would cheat would we?we just wanna keep it simple and have a good time and bring the new year in right doing what we all love to do.

8. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Just curious, since I've never fished Monticello, where do you guys launch from? I would like to work in a trip there some time in the future. Thanks.

9. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    The hwy 99 access ramp is the one that most all of us use.It's the safest one as far as gettin on and off the trailor when the water fluctuates.

10. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    It's gone be rough boys better bring extra drift socks, extra anchors and plenty of rain gear.Possibly some sea sick medicine.:lol:

11. SC Hartwell

SC Hartwell New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    Post your results to let us know how yall did! Maybe some pics too!

12. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    If we are having high winds, I may go to Wateree and fish for fun. I don't wish to tangle with the wind on Monticello. Rain is okay, even welcomed without lightning that is.

13. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    can we get some definite answers on who is gonna show tommorow at monty,there is gonna be 4 on my boat,1 guy had post and said there would be 3 on his boat,had 1 boat cancel and decide to go to wateree instead,mudkip said he may go to wateree also,had another boat with 2 on it cancel altogether,still waiting to hear or see post on couple of other boats,so right now we are at 7 for sure,i know the weather is gonna play in on some decisions,hopefully we have some more show up who are not posting

14. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Well I got bait now so I'll be there and pat will be with me.

15. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    i'll be working on monday but i wish y'all luck....and that may be what it takes to win big fish in the crap weather y'all will be fishin in.

16. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    So we need to name this the "First Annual Monitcello Invitational Fishing Event".

17. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Good luck to all. I'm not going due to lack of funds but I plan to go soon.

18. wylie catter

wylie catter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Well today is the day and I just found out about all of this. I haven't been on a computer in about a week. That sucks I would have liked to went. Good luck everybody.

19. SC Hartwell

SC Hartwell New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    Let us know how you guy did!