Lake Monticello Fishing Report???

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by tnfishman, Sep 16, 2007.

1. tnfishman

tnfishman New Member

State:
    tennessee
    Will be down there on Sat, Sun, Mon and Tuesday, haven't seen a report on the catfishing for sometime, did they all die during the drought or what??

2. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Monti is about like all the lakes around right now; tougher than normal.

3. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    it's not just monty reports...it's seems like there have not been many reports from any lake on here lately...maybe it's cause the hunting season is upon us or people are just gettin tight lipped:eek:oooh:

4. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    Craig you seem to be the only one having any luck here lately! When we can book a trip with Foothills guide service we will be able to start posting some reports!

5. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    There aint no fish in Monticello no more.That man that caught the 112 lb blue out of there has caught all of em.:sad2:

6. Cat Lady

Cat Lady New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I kid you not, he has caught them all.:big_smile: Guess I will have to take my little lounge chair down there and fish from the bank so I can post some reports. Can't catch from a boat anymore.:wink:

7. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    oh man my stomach hurts from laughin at that one!!!:haha:...i needed a good laugh droptine77...thanks for that...i think there's more fish gettin caught then people are willing to talk about for some reason or another...i could be wrong...but this is a great time of year to put some fish in the boat.

8. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    anybody fishing anywhere tom.?

9. Big Cat Hunter

Big Cat Hunter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Fishing on Monticello has been very tough. The recent change in weather has shocked everything including me. Maybe the bite will pick up after they acclimate to the conditions.

10. fjoe11

fjoe11 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    There's still plenty of catfish here in the Santee Cooper lakes! I'm a guide here (see www.CheapHookerCatfishGuide.com) and though the water is nearly 5 feet lower than it's full pool level, the fish can and are still being caught in good numbers. Most of the big fish are being caught at night (current cool spell might change that if it keeps up) but good numbers (4 to 15 pounders) are easy to find during the day with an occaisional big one to go with them. The water is sooooo low it makes it dangerous to fish in either lake but especially the upper lake. Even in Moultrie, you see more sandbars, rocks, and stumps than you would ever believe to be there. Most of the boat landings are too shallow to launch anything but a jon boat. Short Stay, and Canal Lakes Fish Camp are low too but still probably the best places to launch. But, the answer to you question is, "Yes, the fish are here and they are biting if you go to the right spots."

11. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    Welcome Joe to the BOC.

12. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    welcome joe and thanks for the info.

13. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member