Lake Monticello Electric Co-op Ramp

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by catlow37, Mar 9, 2008.

1. catlow37

catlow37 Member

State:
    Union, SC
    Question for all Monticello Fishermen & Women. I have fished Monticello on and off for years and I have always put in at the 215 ramp of the state park ramp all below the power plant. I did not realize that there was an area to put in anywhere else. Where is this Electric Co-op ramp and how is the fishing on this part of the lake.

I haven't been fishing for Big Cats very long and I'm still learning. I mostly drift fish Monticello. Any help and techniques would be greatly appreciated.

By the way, I just found this site and it has some great information.

2. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Lonnie welcome to the BOC. Sorry never been up there so I cant help answer your question but I am sure someone will chime in.

3. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Its a county park and not a state owned park. I wish the state had a park on Monticello, well I kind of wish but then it would get crowded with stupid people. Anyway the other ramp is off Hwy 99 near the Sub-impoundment. Its the ramp I use 99% of the time. Its not usually as windy up there.

Only thing I can really say is to use as much white perch as possible. The lake is over-loaded with those little boogers.

Welcome to the BOC.

4. dust777man

dust777man New Member

State:
    SC
    Welcome to the BOC!

5. crclhuk1

crclhuk1 New Member

State:
    Central, SC
    welcome to the BOC. Great info and wonderful people
    :big_smile::big_smile::big_smile::big_smile:

6. catlow37

catlow37 Member

State:
    Union, SC
    riverrat,

Where and how do you get the white pearch?

7. wylie catter

wylie catter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Welcome to the BOC. I'm not much help on the white perch. I've heard you catch them around the islands the same way you would try to catch bream. But I've never tried it myself.

And the other ramp is much better in my oppinion. Less wind.

8. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    find you a hump that comes up to about 20' and either anchor over it or use your trolling motor and just circle around it,rig you up a sabaki rig or two and tip the hooks with a small peice of worm and fish it near the bottom,you can catch plenty that way,at least it has worked for us a few times and i know a few others use a similar approach

9. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Red worms and small minnows will fill a boat with white perch. I've caught them in a foot of water down to 80 feet. Usually their not hard to find or catch but I fish around the islands for them mainly.

10. catlow37

catlow37 Member

State:
    Union, SC
    Thanks for the info, I drifted with cut blue gill summer of 06 and did pretty good, (which was the last time I got to fish due to deployment to Afghanistan:angry:) but I will try with white pearch this year. I'm looking forward to wetting a hook again.:big_smile:

11. Allen42

Allen42 New Member

State:
    South Carolina /Lake Murray
    Thank You for the job you do for USoA!!

12. captinparker

captinparker New Member

State:
    SC
    Sorry I cant help you. Never been there.