Lake Monticello during the week?

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by droptine77, Jul 10, 2007.

1. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    Any of you guys fish Monty during the week? I am coming down tomorrow (wednesday) and was wondering if I'd be there by myself. Any record breaking holes info would be appreciated!!!lol:big_smile:

2. wylie catter

wylie catter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I fish on fridays more than anything because I work 4 10's. It's nice on a weekday. Almost totally by yourself sometimes. Sorry I can't help you with the record breaking hole part. Good Luck.

3. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Greg if I had of seen this in time I would have helped you.It was probably pretty aggrivatin with the wind today.Flopeye you might be gettin some pictures mixed up because me and Mudkip hadnt fished together yet.

4. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    I wouldnt at the rodeo either.:smile2:

5. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    Thats cool I know you would have. That little lake gets rough!!!Of course I had to hide behind an island and did manage to catch a few small ones. Even saw some dudes in a 14ft jon boat catch a HOG. I was about 50 yds away from them but it looked 40+. One thing that I thought was strange was one of the 5 lbers was still full of eggs. I can't wait to come down and it not be windy!!

6. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    Another thing I need to mention is that I know I joke alot about "honey holes" but I would never expect nor would I even want yaws hot spots info. I wouldn't learn anything by that.You guys are my Obie One Kanobis:smile2:. I will take all the techniques and tips you got.

7. Skipper

Skipper New Member

State:
    S.C.
    HEy droptine? Was the dude in the john boat tootin his horn loud? :wink: EH Chris:wink:

8. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    That sounds like him.:smile2:

9. ARwhiteskin

ARwhiteskin New Member

State:
    Arkansas...by God!
    Hey yall, I'm new here and headed to Ft Jackson on Monday. I was planning on fishing Murray, and probably will at least give it a go, but Chrisblue told me to try Monticello. I have been reading alot of yalls posts, and keep seeing white perch used as bait. Now, I'm from AR on the TX/LA line, and we call a crappie a white perch, but we aren't allowed to use them for bait. You all are probably talkin about something completely different huh? Anyways, thanks for having me, I cant wait to get after them Carolina blues!

10. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    Never heard no tootin but there was three of them in it and they were pretty loud. Of course if I had caught the fish they did I would have too.

11. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    Yeah they are two different monsters. But out here they both can be used as bait as long as you don't have more than the limit.