Lake Monticello - August 20th

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Cat Lady, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Cat Lady

Cat Lady New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Hubby and I went down to Monticello today with my fifteen year old cousin. I am glad to say that he actually showed us out. He caught the first fish of the day weighing, 10lbs, second fish weighing 8lbs, and the third fish weighing 3lbs. Great job Tyler. I will post the pics in a later thread. He has went with us many times before, but only catching within the 1/2-2lb range, we were very proud of him. It was a hot and windy day out there but we can't wait to go back. All the fish were caught on bream.

2. Beaufort

Beaufort New Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    thanks for the report. Glad yall got them i know it was terrible hot today.

3. BIG CHAD

BIG CHAD New Member

State:
    south carolina baby
    congrats to yall. i tell ya i have only got maybe 3 or 4 fish 8 to 10 pounds down their off bream. yall must know the hot spots cause BIG CHAD dont, and i fish their two times a week. keep it up.:smile2:

4. Cat Lady

Cat Lady New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    have learned a lot over the past couple of weeks. just glad to see my little cousin catch a nice fish. i would love to see him catch one a lot bigger. thanks for the reply.:smile2:

5. Allen42

Allen42 New Member

State:
    South Carolina /Lake Murray
    Sounds like yall are on the right track !I hook have to say one thing for sure....yall are DIE HARD to be out there in this heat !!!Keep up the good work & yall will have some over 30 pounds SOON!!I think as soon as it starts to cool down some the bigger fish will turn back on .As it get cooler, remember that hump I pm'ed you about !

6. Cat Lady

Cat Lady New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    hope we are on the right track! i appreciate that info that u pm'd me, and that was one of the spots that we were in today. hope to see u down there one day. we will be in tan 16 ft duracraft so if u see us give us a big wave.:wink:

7. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    congrats on the nice fish keep reading you will learn all you need on here it wont be long befor u will be catching 30s 40s an even 50s good luck

8. Cat Lady

Cat Lady New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Thanks!! Hope things are cooling off in Indiana because they're not here. Keep catchin those big ones, and keep cool.:big_smile:

9. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Way to go, Amanda! Looks like you're getting the hang of it :smile2:

10. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    You are gonna get a really big blue someday in Monticello, keep on fishing.:wink:

11. catchaser1

catchaser1 New Member

State:
    Anderson S.C.
    Congrats on the fish, Good Job! I dont know how yall stand the heat!:crazy:

12. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    I'm glad you all had a great time and real happy for Tyler!

It' alway a great thing to take kids fishing.

Thanks and keep the good work:wink: