Lake Monticello 8/14/09

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Patmansc, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Jimmy Johnny & I hit Monty yesterday from 7am 8pm, we ended up with 25 dinks, the biggest being 4.6#. Caught 'em in water between 50' - 60' on down rods, using cut herring and threadfin shad. We had 4 drift rods out too, but most of the fish were caught on the down rods with 2oz sinkers, with the baits just off of the bottom. We drifted the big water too, but marked neither fish nor bait and got no hits there either. We primarily fished areas with bumps, which meant that we had to frequentl raise/lower the baits. One funny thing, tho: even though we caught 25 fish, we never marked even one on the sonar :crazy:, so we were fishing by instinct. Unfortunately, our instincts didn't lead us to any of the larger fish. Maybe next time :big_smile:

2. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Sounds like a great trip!!!:wink:

You didn't happen to catch a driftsock, did ya?:embarassed::smile2:

3. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Thanks for doing the post Pat. My phone/internet keeps shutting down on me this weekend. I will have to wait till tomorrow to call during service hours. Use my cell phone number if you need to get with me because the phone keeps shutting down too.

Well we didn't get any big ones but we still had a lot of fun tryin. We'll find em next time, thanks for another great trip ; )

-Jim-

4. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Pat, sounds like the trip we had yesterday on Monty. All eating size fish. I guess Team Smackdown done caught all the big guys:smile2:

5. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Pat,

Glad you had a good trip. Sorry I didn't call you back, things got crazy at work and I was scared to leave the office for a while. Put in a lot of hours last week. I would love to take a day off soon and give them a try. I haven't looked at the weather for the week yet, though.

Steve

6. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Congrats guys on the 25, Thats a fun day.:wink: Thanks for the report and keep on Smack'n!:big_smile:

7. mahcmos

mahcmos New Member

State:
    SC
    We were out there the same time, with the same results. Think we had right at 25 too.