Lake Monticello 7-2-07

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by foothills, Jul 2, 2007.

1. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    after fishing for 11 plus hours on saturday in the hot sun and with very little wind, well today was a huge change from that!!!!...i had to put my rain suit on not only to stay dry but to also keep warm...the wind was freakin brutal...i wanted to drift the whole day and i did but just not where i wanted to...i stayed back in the creeks mostly but managed one long drift in the open water and ended up with 3 blues...they were all in th 2 to 3 pd range and were caught on cut white perch...tough day but it was still better than being at work:smile2:

2. bruce edmunds

bruce edmunds New Member

State:
    southcarolina
    i wish i could have fished today, i love cloudy days,and cool weather,i thought i would pass out sat it was so hot.we startrd to come by yall to meet you but you,were drifting at the time i thought,we will meat up some time in the future.

3. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    anybody plan on fishing here on the 4th?

4. jimbow3

jimbow3 New Member

State:
    NC
    I'll be there on the 9th

5. Beaufort

Beaufort New Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    I fished the night of the 3rd until aboit 1am didn't do so good . the weather was good but the water was extremely low and they weren't moving any in so that kind of killed my anchoring I should have drifted but I chose to stick the anchoring thing out.

6. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    brandon did you have any trouble getting the boat in and out...seems like when they get that water down you have to drop your trailer tires off the back of the ramp and it ain't easy gettin the boat and trailer back up on the ramp.

7. flatheadhunterx

State:
    South Carolina
    I fished today till about 4:30 caught a pretty good bit of fish but nothing to write home about. caught all fish drifting. a few were caught on the bottom but most hit live bait at about 30 to 35 ft down in water from 50 to 95 ft deep. anchoered for about 2 hrs this morning because there was no wind to drift by and didnt get a bite.

8. flatheadhunterx

State:
    South Carolina
    Oh yeah I tried crappie, big gizzard shad, and herring and small live carp. 1 on crappie, missed 2 on shad,0 on herring and the rest on carp which was 9 all between 4 and 8 lbs.

9. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    The bite has got to pick up soon because the big fish hadnt ate nothin in 4 weeks.Tick Tock Tick Tock its almost here, anyday now.:crazy:

10. flatheadhunterx

State:
    South Carolina
    There are so many dinks in there the big fish doesnt have time to get it. I put a 8 inch gizzard shad out yesterday and when I reeled it in wasnt anything left but a skull and back bone and never saw the rod move.lol

11. Beaufort

Beaufort New Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Yeah craig i had to spin the tires a little getting the boat out. After we put in i was really hoping that they would push water back in so i could get out. I don't like putting in when its that low.

12. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    MY MONTICELLO THEORY....THE BIG FISH MUSCLE THE LITTLE FISH INTO STEALING THE BAIT AND BRINGING IT BACK TO THEM SO THEY CAN EAT IT WITH NO DANGER OF BEING HOOKED....THE PICTURE THAT FLATHEADHUNTERX POSTED AWHILE BACK WHERE THE BIG FISH ATE THE LITTLE FISH WAS NOT JUST A PICTURE IT WAS A CRIME SCENE.:big_smile:

13. flatheadhunterx

State:
    South Carolina
    I will second that lol

14. flatheadhunterx

State:
    South Carolina
    I may go try it again fir night and see if things pick up a bit.

15. marshmellow man

marshmellow man New Member

State:
    sc
    was wondering does anybody catch any fish with the water down or moving all our fish we catch are when it full and they are not moving the water and soon as they start pulling water its like they shut off but we usually fish the upper end that may have something to do withit supposed to go sunday morning and think we are going to try some on the lower end we usully average 20 to 30 fish but all are from 2 to 6 #s and 6 being the biggest we have caught so we are going to try to get on some bigger fish on the lower end

16. Allen42

Allen42 New Member

State:
    South Carolina /Lake Murray
    i seem to do better with the Bigger cats when the lake is filling up , or even when its full, once they start to empty the lake is when the bite slows or shuts down most times.they Pump water into the lake whenever the demand of electrity is the lowest , most times of the year that is around midnight

17. flatheadhunterx

State:
    South Carolina
    Well I thought I was gonna get to go tonight but had to much to get done today, but I will be leaving abound 1 on sat to fish sat evening and into the night.

18. Beaufort

Beaufort New Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Good luck Ron I'll be down sunday morning hope to here some good news from your trip. 1 am is a good time to start i think u will do good theyshould be pushing water threw during the am.

19. marshmellow man

marshmellow man New Member

State:
    sc
    i dont know if this helps or not but seems like everybody doesnt know this they pull the water at about the same times everyday the start putting the water in about 3am in monty and start dropping it about 1 or 2 pm and start filling parr up and i seen in another post wheresomeone said something about elictricity they raise and pull the water through to cool the nuclear reactors that is why it is about the same time every day and if u have never been to parr resivor and seen the intakes its a trip to see it is worth the tripp to check it out we also catch alot of fish in parr when the waters up and in the intake when they are pulling water our biggest blue our of their is 20#s and have had about 3 hooks bent out on trotlines and alot of channels in the10 # range and alot of people may have already known about the water but for those who didnt i hope this helps

20. jimbow3

jimbow3 New Member

State:
    NC
    Just got back caught 25+ 2-10# not a bad day for bank fishing caught them with the water up and down didn't seem to matter today.