Lake Monticello 7\10\08

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by steve_b124, Jul 11, 2008.

1. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Fished yesterday from 6am til noon. Caught a total of 14, largest about 12 pounds. Most were caught on herring, but a couple bit cut cat, after I ran out of herring. 2 friends were there on another boat and did about the same as me, their largest was 16 pounds. The bite seemed very soft, not rod jarring bites like most times. I caught most of mine in 25 - 30 feet. James' 16 pounder came off of a 10 foot deep hump.

Water was about 84 degrees, clear and full pool. Bite totally died after 10:30.

2. nasty nate

nasty nate New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Thanks Steve, for the report. I'm about ready to head out on monty my self, it's been a couple of months since I fished there.

3. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    By the way, several of the blues were FULL of eggs. The biggest on looked ready to explode. I thought they had already laid them by now.

4. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Last year the spawn went way on up into August on Monticello and Greenwood both.

It seems like the biggest majority of them are wrapping it up early this year though.Hopefully by august it will be completely over.