Lake Monticello 6/9

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by chrisblue, Jun 9, 2007.

1. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    The numbers wouldnt there for us today but a few big fish was eatin.We got 12 in all the 5 biggest where 14,18,21,33, and 37 lbs.The 21 and 33 where slam full of eggs, so full to the point they squirted a couple thousand into the floor of the boat.We took quick pictures of them and got them back in the water as fast as possible.I dont know if they where right in the middle of layin when they bit or if they where havin one more meal before they did.I hadnt had em do that to much.Anchored, gizzard shad and white perch 50 to 80 foot.Heres a few pics.

Attached Files:

2. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Alright this is for the non believers.This is a 14 lb fish, look closely and you can see perfect indentions of a jaw line from a fish somewhere in the 14 to 18 lb range.Last week we caught some that had a whole lot bigger jaw imprints on them.

Attached Files:

3. Skipper

Skipper New Member

State:
    S.C.
    Good day on the water. Hopefully gonna be there in the morning.

4. Beaufort

Beaufort New Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Good pics chris

5. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Nice catch Chris. I'm giving up on daytime fishing until fall.

6. Cyberwarped

Cyberwarped New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Nice job. Those are some good looking fish.

7. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Way to go, Cap'n Chris :smile2: If catfishin' was gardening, you'd have 2 green thumbs! (Somehow, doesn't sound quite right to say that you have 2 slimed thumbs :tounge_out:).

8. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Chris, I've seen marks like that, but never really paid much attention to them, I believe you are right, they are marks from a bite.

9. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    good job chris,those are some nice fish for sure,hopefully we will be able to get down in the next week or two,we been fishing wateree alot lately,we caught a couple of blues last night that was scarred up pretty bad also

10. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    "Love Bites", left from spawning, I'd wager. Or maybe a turf war, hehe.

11. catchaser1

catchaser1 New Member

State:
    Anderson S.C.
    Nice fish, glad it was a good trip for ya

12. sarSWAMPFOX

sarSWAMPFOX New Member

State:
    Union, South Caroilna
    Good catch Chris, thanks for the report. We're gonna be on Monticello on the 16th but no fishing. Rescue training & some of our new guys have to get watercraft operator certified. If you see a white jon boat with big orange stripes it will be our guys. Some will be first time operating a boat and we don't have student driver stickers. If you're going this sat let me know where you're gonna be fishing and I will keep them out of your spot.

13. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    This is a trick aint it?:lol:

14. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Chris have you seen the picture at the unnamed Mart on Hwy 215 of the 112 lbs cat? I almost laughed when I saw the picture.

15. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    No but I sure have heard alot about it.So I take it that it dont look like 112 lbs to you either? I'm gone try to get over there and see it next time.Its not the first time they tried that.They had another picture like that in there a couple years ago.They said it weighed 98 lbs but the guy was holdin it with one arm way out away from his body.If it was 98 lbs then he is one bad man.

16. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    all y'all got it wrong...:lol:"simpsonator" gave that cat a hickey:lol:...you love them cats just a little to much don't ya:big_smile:...nice job on the awesome stringer...should have carried that stringer over to hartwell at a certain designated boat ramp:lol:...looks like you got 2 more people hooked on cat fishin by the way there smileing

17. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    It doesn't look as big as the 53 lbs you had if that tells you anything.

18. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    yea i stopped by the store last week when i left monty and i thought the same thing...ain't no way it's any where near 100 lbs in my opinion but i guess the picture is doing what the store owner wants it to do...we are all talking about it and stopping by the store to look at and probably buying a cold drink or whatever while we are in there...so 100 lbs or not the store is making money on it.

19. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    craig it does kinda look like a hicky,kinda looks like chris's lips,them fish down there are just hooking themselves to get some sugar from chris,no wonder his wife lets him fish as much as she does:big_smile:

20. sarSWAMPFOX

sarSWAMPFOX New Member

State:
    Union, South Caroilna
    No it wasn't a trick as you might have seen we were on Monticello Sat with the rescue team doing drills and new watercraft operator training I tried to keep it all near the HWY 99 ramp. Hope we didn't bother anyone.

And I saw that picture at the store it was a funny sight to see 112 lb. under that fish. Don't get me wrong it was a nice fish but don't place that where people that know approx weight of fish frequently go in.