Lake Monticello 6-4-07

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by foothills, Jun 4, 2007.

1. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    my wife and i went to monticello today and by my standards did far better than my last SKUNK...first thing in the morning the wind was not to bad so we started out drifting and got 5 strikes but no hook ups...once i decided to find a spot to anchor and fish the wind got up and left us with very few choices to anchor so we ended up hiding behind a rip rap dam and sat there for about 3 1/2 hours and just as we were getting ready to move we finally connected with a 27 lb blue...we fished there for about another hour or so and then moved behind an island where we were once again protected from the wind and caught 3 small channels and a 5 lb blue...everything was caught on cut bream and we fished from 29 to 75 feet of water...i finally got a camera but i don't have what i need to crop the picture to fit on here so i e-mailed it to chrisblue and he will be posting my pic for me:big_smile:...thanks chris

2. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Heres the 27 lbr. Thanks for callin me at work to tell me about it.:big_smile:

Attached Files:

3. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    i only wish i had a reason to call you at work every time i go fishin and the day i land my first flathead i just might drive there to show it to you:lol:

4. bubbasmouse

bubbasmouse New Member

State:
    Chesterfield South Carolina
    Congrats on the great fish.

5. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I'm going tomorrow afternoon and stay through the night if the wind and weather will permit me. I hope to go early enough to catch some white perch and bluegill to last through the night.

6. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    got to playing with my computer last night and i may have found a way to crop a pic so i'm gonna attempt to put it on here and see what happens...same 27lb blue from monty.

Attached Files:

7. krabaholic

krabaholic New Member

State:
    PA
  8. catchaser1

catchaser1 Active Member

State:
    Anderson S.C.
    Nice fish, I would go back down to Monty, but dont know how to get there, I was blind folded!

9. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Brad I know how to get there we may have to try it out one day.

10. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I fished Monticello today but I only one cat over 8 lbs but I have 25 or so that were in the .02 ozs to 2 lbs range. I fished deep and shallow but couldn't find the big bite.

11. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    that ain't so bad...i've had much worse luck then that on monty(and other lakes)...in my opinion any day you can go to monty and not get skunked is a good day:smile2:

12. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    If you take nightcrawlers you will never get skunked completely, they might be big but the will be cats. I take worms to catch bait fish and yesterday I caught a blue cat about 6 inches long in 75 foot of water. It wild how deep they will be in Monty, never seen anywhere else like it.