Lake Monticello 6-23 Report

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by johnboy, Jun 23, 2007.

1. johnboy

johnboy New Member

State:
    Columbia SC
    Pretty decent day at Monty today....fished from 7-1....11 blues....biggest was 22 lbs.....all the rest were good eaters I suppose, 2-5 lbs...threw em all back....drifting...caught all in 25 feet or more...most between 45-80 ft....and all after 9am...7 between 11-1? cut herring and a couple on stink bait...big zero on live herring....maybe just the right drift huh....I attached a pic of the biggun...even though I still cant view pics on here yet...guess I gotta talk some more....

Attached Files:

2. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    nice job on the good catch:smile2:...just curious as to how much wieght you were using while drifting in 80 foot of water??...also don't forget to "burp" those fish when you pull em outta that deep water so they live to fight another day

3. Beaufort

Beaufort Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Glad to hear u had a good day i'm going sun. I'll be fishn about the same hours u did.

4. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Looks like you had a pretty good day, Jonhboy. You'll get into a biggun next time!

5. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Good catch johnboy.

6. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Great report and congrats on a great catch! Thanks for throwing some back!! :wink:

7. GatorT

GatorT New Member

State:
    Camden, South Carolina
    nice cat!! and welcome to the boc from sc.

8. davidcarolina

davidcarolina New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Nice fish welcome to the BOC..