Lake Monticello 6-18-07

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by foothills, Jun 18, 2007.

1. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    me and the wife fished monty today and we struggled a bit...just like beufort said in his monticello report the little fish just terrorized our baits...did not matter if the bait was big or small they pulled and tugged on it all through the day...every spot we anchored we got several hits...we put one rod out with shrimp and worm on it and caught a pile of small cats between 6 and 15 inches...only caught one good fish that wieghed in at exactly 17 lbs...you can't see it in the picture because it's a little dark for some reason but the fish has several different battle scars that are healing from the spawn...caught it on cut white perch...fished from 35 to 90 foot of water.

Attached Files:

2. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    Good job Craig I seen your pic in the Game and Fish. You've made the BIG TIME!

3. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina

yeah...people are knockin down my door for an autograph:lol:

4. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    Nice fish. They are fun th catch.

5. Beaufort

Beaufort Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Craig the big mon has them good fish but i aint ever seen a lake with so many small ones that try to eat a large bait.

6. krabaholic

krabaholic New Member

State:
    PA
    Nice fish Craig :big_smile:

7. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    me niether...those little cats are certainly motivated cause they just terrorize the big baits and will hit anything else that you drop on the bottom...shrimp, worm, chicken liver, etc....can't wait for them to grow up!!:smile2: