Lake Monticello 5-23-09 Pre-Tournament Talk

Discussion in 'Catawba Catfish Club' started by martygreen, May 10, 2009.

1. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    The Catawba Catfish Club will be having our 5th Tournament of the year on Lake Monticello on May 23rd.Tournament Hours will be from 7:00 am-3:00 pm with weigh in starting at 3:30pm.This is an open Tourney to anyone to fish.We hope you will make plans to attend the CCCs first ever event on Monticello,Monty holds some Giant Blues and is a Beautiful Lake,best part is no Jet Skis and Water Skiing is allowed on the Lake.I wanted to get this thread posted early so yall can get your plans ironed out and get some prefishing done if ya like.
    Lets get some talk started on the Roll Call and some Predictions on winning weights and Big Fish,Remember its a 3 fish weigh in.Hope to see you all there.:wink:

2. GatorT

GatorT New Member

State:
    Camden, South Carolina
    Thanks for the post, Marty. Any idea how long of a drive it is to Monticello from the Wateree Lake/Camden area? Never fished it before. I'm gonna be needing some sort of directions.

Looking forward to it.

3. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I plan on being there no prediction on weight maybe its my turn for a smackdown

4. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Team Smackdown will be there!:wink:

5. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Gator,It should not be more than a 45 min-1hour drive for you.You will get on Hwy 34 in Camden and take it all the way to Winnsboro,follow 34 thru Winnsboro and on out to Salem Crossroads{about 10 miles or so},which is where Hwy 215 crosses,take a left there and go down about 7-8 miles,you will see a store on the right called Monticello EZ Mart,take a right just past the store and that road is Hwy 99,take it on around till you cross the Dam between the 2 Lakes,the sign for the Landing will be on the left once you cross over the Lakes,turn there and the Landing for the Big Lake will be down in there.Not hard at all to get to from where you are.

6. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    I forgot to put in the post that the Tourney will be from the Hwy 99 Access area and also that NO CASTNETS are allowed on Monticello,not even in possesion.{That ones been debated for awhile now,as far as I know the rule still stands along with no jet skiis or water skiing}

7. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Ok, hwy99, is that the landing right on the side of the road? or the one that kinda goes down to the bathrooms and camping area?
    We will be there for sure and if the water is up to norm, 40lb big fish with total of 72 lbs
    If the water is down, 25lb big fish, 45 lb total

8. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Marty I was down there last yr and had one on the boat and got checked the warden said they were fine as long as it wasnt used for catching game fish. but it is prob like anywhere else may depend on the warden. I hope to make this one since i missed the last 2 and hopefully the bite will be better than it was during the catmen tourny.

9. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Yes Dean it is the area where the restrooms and shelter is.

10. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    I went down today and finally looked at the sign :embarassed: Caught a bunch of eating size. The big boys don't seem to like the bait i got, may have to change up, but it sure is fun catching a bunch of little one's :smile2:
    Thanks Marty for getting me straight on the landing. Fishin there all these yrs and din't know:confused2::smile2:

11. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    I may have to change my big fish and most lbs for the tournament after yesterday :confused2: 3 big fish 15lbs, big fish 6lbs. Marty and his brother have done caught all the big fish from Lake Monticello :sad2:

12. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Cant take the blame for that one Dean,We havent been to Monty since last fall,I will pass that blame on to Team Smackdown,the Lake drops 6 inches everytime they make a trip to Monty:crazy::smile2:

13. bruce edmunds

bruce edmunds New Member

State:
    southcarolina
    thats funny right there ,ill tell you what:crazy::crazy::crazy::wink::wink::wink::smile2:

14. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    I wont even see the Lake till the day of the tourney but I am gonna go with:
    3 Fish Total weight:87lbs
    Big Fish:41lbs

I hope the bite will be pretty good,the weather looks good as of now for the 23rd:wink:

15. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    We might be there tomorrow!:roll_eyes: I'm bringing some of Pats lucky Scrimps and see if I can get a state record on on'em:smile2:! The bigguns might want the scrimps:smile2:

16. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Aint that something, these guys were comming down and they said they were bringing shrimp and i told them to eat the shrimp, that i had the magic bait. :smile2: Well the little one's liked what i had, well they actually loved it. Smachdown must had just left the lake cause the water was down 6 ft or more and the big fish had hid. I know the big boys are there i just haven't found the right combination (forgive my sp) my hands or sore from cleaning fish
    I'll probably come pay my due's and fish the tourney, but sneak off at weigh in:big_smile:

17. Jeffrey Green

Jeffrey Green New Member

State:
    S.C.
    I'll say big fish 38 lbs.total weight 72 lbs.3 fish.like Marty said Team Green had'nt been on the lake in a while,we just going to go off past experience at the mighty Monticello."Drop it in and Pull out a Hawg"

18. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Well Bruce and I hit the Monty today. The wind and temps where great, but go hit by some major rain. The lake did drop and we got 7. Thats all I can say for now.:roll_eyes:

It was good to see and talk to George and Damon again, As they were there putting down there own Smackdown.:wink:

Skipjack, Skipjack the golden Herring!

19. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    I heard yall had an interesting day,Saturday is gonna be interesting for sure now:wink:We all may have to adjust our Predictions after those Smackdowns:crazy::smile2:

20. DamonG

DamonG Member

State:
    South Carolina
    It was good to see you and Bruce also. It was a good day except for all the rain. But I didn't mind that much but I bet George will take that rain suit now.