Lake Monticello 5/19

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by chrisblue, May 19, 2007.

1. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Little windy today which made things alittle difficult but we managed.We got 10 fish, 2 dinks and several teenagers and one big male just over 40 lbs, a 12 year old got to catch it.Half where caught on gizzard shad and half on white perch the big one took gizzard head.50 to 75 foot anchored.The spawn has started but not full fledged yet.The big one had bite marks on him so thats usually a sign there competeing with each other, fightin over women:big_smile:.

Attached Files:

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Real nice fish! I would always bite the competition years ago. LOL! Thanx for sharein.

3. Grizdog

Grizdog New Member

State:
    SC
    First time I've seen you wear a glove.......

Great fish, thanks for the report.

4. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    I guess I had to start sooner or later.It took me about 6 or 7 years to put the gloves on the boat and then another 4 or 5 years to remember to put them on, I might even use them again.:big_smile:

5. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Ya, them gloves. I have had a pair on the boat for a while and just started to use them on the big fish. It will save you some skin, and most of all make it a little less traumatic for the fish since you don't have to drop them on their heads everytime they start taking skin off!!! :big_smile:

Nice day on the water Chris.

6. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Nice to see them young ones ketchin' them hawgs :eek:oooh:

7. Beaufort

Beaufort Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Glad u had a good day chris.

8. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Was the big boy caught drifting or anchored?

I think I forgot to tell ya that I had a leak while I was down. The pipe coming in from where I had a livewell broke off and poured several inches of water in the boat. Monticello gives me more trouble than all other lakes combined but you just keep catch big you. :cry: I want a incident free trip to Monty dangit.

9. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Anchored all day long.

10. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I had a feeling that was going to be the answer. I was anchored also but I had to hide behind the islands all day. Maybe next trip the wind won't be as bad. Plus I hope to go and spend the night on the water if all possible.

11. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    good catch,glad to see a youngster catch a big un,i bet he is hooked for life now.

12. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    the "SIMPSONATOR" strikes again!!!!...dang son you just killin em on monty...every week your holdin up another huge fish but still no picture of the depth finder in back of you so i can get the gps coordinates:lol:...real nice fish chris...keep it going brother!!!

13. sarSWAMPFOX

sarSWAMPFOX New Member

State:
    Union, South Caroilna
    Still finding those 40 lbers. Its the shoes right just tell me. I need to break the 35 mark on monticello. Good job Chris. I love the feeling inside when I put a youngster on a big fish , bet you feel the same.

14. wylie catter

wylie catter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Yeah that little guy won't forget that. He'll be telling people about that when he's 40. I know a lot of people who have fished longer than I've been alive and haven't caught nothin that size.