Lake Monticello 3/11

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by chrisblue, Mar 11, 2007.

1. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Beutiful day to be on the water warm and smooth water conditions.The fishin wouldnt good but not to bad.We where anchoring on ledges and dropoffs and caught fish from the tops in 5 foot of water to the bottoms in 55 foot.Water temp was 59 to 62.We caught 12 fish 4 where between 15 to 20 lbs the rest where 2 to 10lbs.About half where caught on white perch and half on gizzard shad.Long time in between bites but real aggressive bites when they did bite.Heres some pics.

Attached Files:

2. Beaufort

Beaufort New Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Sounds like a good day on the big mon.

3. bruce edmunds

bruce edmunds New Member

State:
    southcarolina
    way to go again ,i think you have catfish blood in your veins bruce

4. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    good job Chris,sounds like they are turning on,we went for the crappie today,ended up with 36,be back on the cats soon

5. catchaser1

catchaser1 New Member

State:
    Anderson S.C.
    You had alot better luck than I had today Chris. I couldnt buy a bite. Fished from 7:30 to 1:30 and didnt put a fish in the boat. It was definately a nice day though. I was fishing about the same way you described, on Hartwell!

6. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    i am JEALOUS...what an awesome day to be on the water and i had to work:sad2:....the water looks glassy in the pictures, did'nt see any of that last week when i was out...did you get to do any driftin and where did you catch your perch? (monty or greenwood)

7. The Penn Slammer

The Penn Slammer New Member

State:
    Princeton, West
    Thanks for the information and the pictures. It appers that the fishing is still getting better at Monticello,it may be the souths best kept secret.

8. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Nice catch and great fishing report. You can buy those fish on a tournament day!! :lol:

Speaking of tournaments, when is the next Monticello tournament?

9. catfishing365

catfishing365 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    MAN, You got it all going on. Thanx for the great report and great going on the fish.

10. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Still the King of Monticello :lol: