Lake Monticello 2/17

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by chrisblue, Feb 17, 2007.

1. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    After 3 weeks of not eatin the fish finally ate a little today.Me, Foothills and Krabaholic toughed it out today with the bone chillin 15 to 20 mph winds.We only caught 5 fish 32,30,28,24, and 13 lbs.The bites where few and far between but good ones when they did bite.We also had a few rod testers but they managed to move the bait around and bury the hook point into the bait and not get caught.All fish where caught anchored around scattered bait with gizzard shad.I think I may have converted another person to catfishin.:big_smile: Heres some pics.

Attached Files:

2. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Nice day, despite the cold. :lol:

All blues? Those are some nice fish. Imagine, they were there the 3rd! :lol:

3. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Dang I hate being sick. I wanted to go this past week but was way to sick. I might try to hit Monty in a few weeks.

Great catch Chris. I need a few like those to bring me out of this funk I'm in.

4. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Yeah they where all blues.They where there on the 3rd but obviously not hungry.I dont know what the deal is with the smaller 5 to 10 lb fish, they usually keep you busy while waitin on the big ones but they just aint bitein.Funky weather I guess.

5. catchaser1

catchaser1 New Member

State:
    Anderson S.C.
    good catch Chris, how deep where they

6. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Most of the bites come from the middle down to the bottom of the ledges about 20 to 50 foot.Wouldnt any bites on top of the ledges like it normally is.

7. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Good catch Chris and crew,would have liked to been out yesterday,but with all that wind they were calling for,the toon took a weekend off and stayed covered up,maybe next weekend,Chris you gonna fish Santee next weekend in the King Cat?

8. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Yeah I'll be there.

9. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    heck i wouldnt mind 5 like that even if the little ones wasnt biting....:lol: congrates on the catch chris

10. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    yes chris thanks for an awesome day...cold but it was well worth it...we had a great time and are still talkin about it...man things started slow that day and let me tell you that chris was sweatin it BAD!!!!...we finally caught our first fish mid morning and i am not sure who was more happy...me and krabaholic or chris...when the second fish came we could not give chris anymore static about the fish not biten...the day only got better from there...some of the fish even still had mud on them from layin on the bottom...it will be hard to beat this day right here!!!!!!!!!!!:big_smile:

11. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Chris,
    When you said you may have converted another person to catfishing you were right. I have catfished in Maryland and Pennsylvania all of my life. We have had days out on the water that have produced 40-60 fish in a night, but before the blue cats started moving into the potomac a 8lb cat was something to brag about. When I reeled in my first cat on your boat I was thinking I MIGHT have broken my personal best which was a measly 9lb catfish.
    When the fish broke the surface my eyes were as big as golf balls. It was a 20lb catfish which I am sure for the local boys down here is a normal occurance but for me I was amazed. Then fifteen minutes later I not only caught the biggest catfish of my life, but I caught the biggest fish of my life. The fish weighed thirty-two pounds, and put a smile on all of our faces.
    I just wanted to thank you for a great trip, and I am sure this will become a traditional fishing trip over the years to come. South Carolina catfishing lives up to the hype, and you definitely know where the Cats are swimming.
    Thanks Again,
    Krabaholic

12. krabaholic

krabaholic New Member

State:
    PA
    I want to see the pictures

13. krabaholic

krabaholic New Member

State:
    PA
    I want to see the pics

14. krabaholic

krabaholic New Member

State:
    PA
    Pictures, pictures, pictures

15. krabaholic

krabaholic New Member

State:
    PA
    I need ten posts

16. krabaholic

krabaholic New Member

State:
    PA
    I really want to see the pic's

17. krabaholic

krabaholic New Member

State:
    PA
    Sorry for all the duplicate posts I wanted to show the pictures to some guys at work

18. jsk30

jsk30 New Member

State:
    NC
    Them are some nice cats Chris.Thanks for sharing

19. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    i like the new avatar krabaholic!!!:big_smile:

20. Allen42

Allen42 New Member