Lake Monticello 2/11

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by chrisblue, Feb 11, 2007.

1. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Things are startin to pick back up just a little but not near like it should be.Me and Brandon caught 6 fish 2, 3, 8, 10, 15, and 20 lbs.Anchored on drops with gizzard shad.The bait is bunched up in big balls.Maybe after this warm week we have it will cause a die off and cause a major feeding to go on.Tried slip corks for a while with no luck, those things are hard to get used to.Heres a few pics.

Attached Files:

2. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    good deal Chris,we hope to get back down soon,hope the bite does pick back up,the last couple trips havent been too good,not only fish not biting but too windy,wish we could have made it this weekend.

3. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    ahhh some good news from monty...glad ya'll had a good day...i hope the fishin keeps gettin better by the week:smile2:

4. BigCatDreaming

BigCatDreaming New Member

State:
    Illinois
    nice fish guys. congrats

5. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    I need to get back and try it again. Lots of nice mid lake humps and long points there. I am sure they will hold some cats!

6. catchaser1

catchaser1 Active Member

State:
    Anderson S.C.
    Nice catch Chris, we are thinking of having a little tourney March 3rd at twin lakes if any of you are interested........on Lake Hartwell. The bite has seemed to pick up a little on Hartwell this weekend, nothing real big, but exciting anyway.

7. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Mudkip and I fished a tournament last night and it was DARK!! No mean at night usually means a good bite during the day. Maybe this will be a good week for ya.

8. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    Hey Chrisblue, you should try them corks when it gets hot in the summer. They are great when blues suspend ove deep water. Replace your drift rigs with slip corks and keep fishing. Usually you'll have enough channels to keep ya' busy with some nice blues mixed in. I don't get the blues in the numbers in the summer, but what I get are usually ove 20 lb. see ya