Lake Monticello 12.27.08

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by wylie catter, Dec 26, 2008.

1. wylie catter

wylie catter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Anybody fishing tommorrow? I'm hoping to get there around 9.

2. Beaufort

Beaufort New Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    I going some where either big Mon or wateree. Donot know yet.

3. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Jeff and I are gonna go to Wateree in the morning,may go to Monty next weekend.

4. wylie catter

wylie catter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Beaufort if you come down there I'll be in a blue pontoon.

Good luck to yall marty.

Its supposed to be some real good weather.

5. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    I think I'm gonna fly south in the morning and try my luck on some Moultrie Blues. Been wanting to fish Moultrie for a while now. Maybe tomorrow will be my first lesson. Hope I don't get schooled!

I hope all of you catch a WHOPPER!!!:eek:oooh:
    Then come back and tell us about it.

6. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Good luck everybody, keep us posted with updates. I'm stuck at work and JEALOUS!! I am off next Thursday, Friday and Saturday so I will go cattin' somewhere.

God Bless All,
    Steve

7. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    How did you do today??? I fished Wylie and the bite wasnt that good, and the fog was thick

8. wylie catter

wylie catter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Started the morning with bad fog and it pretty much just stayed that way.
    The water was in the mid 50's with good clearity despite the rain. We were using fresh shad. And most of the fish we marked were from 30' to 45' with the majority hanging around 40'. And we marked tons. The bite wasn't very good in the morning but improved a little after lunch. We had a bunch of pull downs and let goes. Only managed to net about half a dozen. The biggest around 11 pounds. Had one run that had the clicker screamin, but after about a 20 second fight he spit it out. We'll just guess it was the 80 pounder we were after. Next week it'll have grown to 90 pounds. LOL.

Talked to a guy in the morning who had a 15 pounder but said he had only had 2 bites all morning.

We anchored some and down rod drifted some trying to fish the depth they were at. Got bites both ways.

Dern fog had visibility down to probably 100yrds most of the day. Had to move around slow.

9. Beaufort

Beaufort New Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Bout the same 5 fish just one slightly over 10. I did get myself a flat tire a couple miles from the lake that set me back alittle while.

10. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    The fog on Monty really slow the ride across the lake down does it. I haven't been on Monty all year but hopefully that will change soon.