Lake Monticello 12-26-06

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by martygreen, Dec 26, 2006.

1. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    myself,my brother and friend went down to monty today and braved the wind for about 4 hrs,wasnt a total loss,we drifted one area kinda outta the wind and boated 6,we had 4 channels and 2 blues,the blues were 15 and 12 lbs,caught them with cut gizzard shad,in 25 to 40 ft water,plan on going back down the 1st,any one interested in coming down,the long range forecast looks good for now on the 1st,hey chris you all ought to get up another little tourney down at monty soon,yall give it some thought,some good blues swimming around down there.

Attached Files:

2. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Maybe after the Greenwood tournament jan. 13th because the next tournament is Feb. 3rd Monticello so we could get some prefishin in.

3. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    Myself and Wyliecat are going to fish the one in Feb '07 Look forward to seeing you guys there.

4. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    who is putting on the tourney on feb 3rd,carolina catmen?it figures,that is my weekend to be on call,i start call Jan 30th,would love to be able to get in on some of these tourneys,especially the ones closer to my home,but thats the way it goes.

5. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Well that sucks.

6. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Marty you are a brave man for heading out today!! LOL!! I fished Wylie and it was miserable. That narrow little lake had white caps, so I can only imagine the wind on Monticello.

Bought time you got a pic up mudkip. Cute name, you must be a Pokemon fan.

7. Beaufort

Beaufort New Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Good looking pic marty. I can't wait to get back on monty myself but it will probaly be after the first of the year. Hey marty have u been back to wateree latley.

8. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Man I'm startin to get Monticello withdrawals, it's been way to long since I've been over there.I'm gone have to retrain myself.

9. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    Informal get together for big fish planned for Jan 1st 0730-1600. I am planning on going. Wanna fish??

10. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    I was already thinkin about tryin to go Monday anyway.Hopefully I can make it if nothing comes up.

11. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    we are gonna be down at monty on the 1st,me,my brother and a bunch of guys from crappie.com,we gonna get up a big fish pool,there is about 12 to 14 commited to coming so far,we are gonna do $10 a head big fish pool,and gonna fish from 7:00a-4:00p with weigh in at 4:30

12. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    I have not been since the middle of November,we did ok then,nothing to brag about,fished on wylie a couple times for crappie at night and at monty teusday for cat,thats about the extent of my fishing lately,gonna get back on it hadr soon since christmas is over,will be at monty on the 1st to start the new year off.

13. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    see you on the 1st Marty, looking forward to meeting the crappie.com folks

14. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    ok,i have a green and white 21 ft sun tracker pontoon,pulled by a white chevy Z71,Rango has a sea ark center console[green],i imagine we will be there around 6 to 6:30

15. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    by the way,we will be using the 99 landing by the earth dam,and we dont do the Have to be alive deal,most guys try to keep em alive,but we dont penalize for it since its a one weigh in fish per person weigh in

16. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Is this a winner take all?

17. Allen42

Allen42 New Member

State:
    South Carolina /Lake Murray
    The past ones I have fished with that GREAT group of fellows was that way..... Winner take all on the BIG FISH pot which is all they do ...

18. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    yea chris,we usually do winner take all,usally most rodeos about 20 or so will turn out with big fish taking it all,and we usually have prizes donated which is done by drawing of ticket,but that will not be part of this one,just the big fish pool,i would not mind if we got enough turnout,say 30 people,if we split 1st and 2nd,maybe 75/25%,just to make it a little more interesting,but i will leave that up to rango,he usually handles the organization of these along with Big E,who i think is gonna be down,i geuss we could make suggestions,just dont want to complicate things at the landing,these are more for fellowship and meeting new friends than the actual payout in my opinion,the money dont hurt but friendships last alot longer,are you gonna make down?By the way congrats on the article,have not seen it yet,got one last wek but i guess it was last months.

19. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Yeah I'm gone try but its not set in stone yet.