Lake Monticello 11/01

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by pop pop, Nov 1, 2008.

1. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Bruce and I fished the Big Monty today for some trophy Blues.:big_smile: WOW! What a difference 2 days can make. Fished the same spots, same baits, same weather, same marked fish , drifting and caught the ones that had lock jaw Thurs. :big_smile: Although we were both worn out from lack of sleep we had a blast today. We ended with 14 total and the biggest were 15, 23, 30, 30, and 37 lbs.:big_smile:
    We can't wait to get back as fall is our time of year there. We should be back next Sat.:wink:

Attached Files:

2. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    One more Pic.:wink:

Attached Files:

3. bruce edmunds

bruce edmunds New Member

State:
    southcarolina
    had a blast ,cant wait till we do it again ,a smackdown:smile2::smile2:

4. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Way To Go Guys,that was a nice haul on a Beautiful Day,too bad I had to work,would have loved to been on the water.

5. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Very nice smackdown!!!
    Hey Bruce when is it going to be my turn on your boat? :wink:

6. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Way to go, guys - you done good!!!! An Bruce, if'n you get Sunbird on your boat, keep an eye on your driftsocks!!!!

7. bruce edmunds

bruce edmunds New Member

State:
    southcarolina
    you have to whup pop pops @## first,then he might let you tahe his place:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

8. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Ya'll Killin me!!

Patmansc: You are better off without that PINK driftsock!:smile2: ya'll did know it was pink didn't you? :wink: I did you a favor Bro. :smile2:
    Bruce I really want to get on that boat........I got nothin against Pop Pop though, He's been right nice to me. I have to think about that one. :confused2:
    Now Carolinacatjack, due to his misfortune of being a Vol, owes me! :smile2:
    Maybe he could help me out here???

9. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    That is a great day on the water, congrats and good luck in the future

10. QBQ

QBQ New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Great fish, congrats and thanks for the report

11. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Pat with a pink drift sock?:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:
    I think Matt should clean all your fish, with all the Smack he talked about the Vols.:smile2:

12. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Yea baby,,,thats how ya do it ...great job guys...love the pic's !!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pat... I got the green light for going soon . My b-day is a comin and the wife said go . I'm thinkin you and I just might find a few ; )

( I think she really said go so I would stop buggin her, now wonder the kids do it...it works )

Thanks for the report.....sounds as fun as it gets.

13. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Way to go guys. Y'all out there fishing and I'm back home tinkering with my "Rude. Got the foot off but can't find the leak. Last time, about a month ago, I used a hand pump to pressurize the foot and sprayed soapy water on it and found a leak at the shifter shaft. I replaced that seal and all seemed fine. This time I can't find a leak anywhere using my soap trick. All seals and the gear case seem fine. I did notice that my BIL had cross-threaded the fill plug on the oil case, that may be the leak, but I'm gun shy. I'm tired of dropping the foot off and want to make sure the dang thing is sealed before I put it all back together. One good note, I probably am now an expert on old Evinrudes, I sure have been through this one enough.

God Bless all,
    Steve

14. CarolinaCatJack

CarolinaCatJack New Member

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    I can't help you out with a dang thing! I was INVITED onto Bruce's boat. You're on your own with this one......Besides, you've been smack-talkin' about my Vols. Remember that next time....:wink::wink::smile2::smile2::smile2:

15. CarolinaCatJack

CarolinaCatJack New Member

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    Gee thanks pop pop, but I can dig my own grave, thank you....:smile2:

16. dust777man

dust777man New Member

State:
    SC
    Congrats on the fish! Those are some nice ones!