Lake Monticello: 11/01/07

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Patmansc, Nov 2, 2007.

1. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Had a little better luck today - put 7 in the boat, but the largest was only 5#. Was using white perch, brim and blueback herring, but they only hit the herring today, which I froze after my trip last week. Tried something different today and used a stinger hook with the herring since they were kinda mushy. Caught 5 of the 7 on the stinger, and actually lost 2 more because of poorly tied knots :embarassed: Caught 'em all while drifting. It was a beautiful day: usual shifting winds, water temp about 73 degrees.

2. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Did you end up going alone Pat ? I gotta check them hooks out, I havent seen them yet.

3. Patmansc

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Yep, went by my own self - I'm gonna learn that lake, 'cause I'm gonna catch the next SC state record blue there someday (I hope :smile2:). I made the stinger set-up myself, just tied a smaller hook (6/0) about 3"-4" behind my 1st hook (7/0) and let it stick out a bit at the tail end of the herring, for those short-striking fish. :wink:

4. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Pat,

You've got the determination, that's for sure : ) That rig your using sounds kinda like a "hair rig", I've got a bunch made up for carp if I ever go. The Europeans from what I've read tear them up using "boilies"...hmm, I wonder if the eater size cats would like some made of garlic....

5. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    It was fun though....right?

I may go next week if the guy that's wanting to go can actually make it. If all we can catch are eaters I guess he will be happy.

6. Patmansc

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    You bet, Thomas! Catchin' is always more fun than just fishin' :smile2: