Lake Monticello: 10/25/07

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Patmansc, Oct 25, 2007.

1. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Chef Jim & I launched a full frontal assault on Monty today, only to find that those wiley blues had gone to the bunkers: We were on the water at 8am, and could not find any fish where we had found them the previous 2 weeks. We tried anchoring & drifting, using white perch, brim & herring. Got no more than a few weak nibbles until about 5pm, when we finally found a whole herd of fish in 60' - 70' of water. Only had enough time for 2 long drifts, got a coupla hit but no takers. For the most part it was a beautiful day; the wind, which was on again/off again all day, was constantly shifting and by late afternoon had picked up noticeably. Only saw 3 other boats all day, and with the lake pretty much to ourselves you would think that we would be able to pick up at least one or 2 little dinks :embarassed: Think I"m gonna leave Jim home next week and go by myself :smile2:

2. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Pat, I hate ya didn't get into a bunch of biting fish. That's Monty for ya. Gang busters one day, and not much the next. :wink:I hope things are better the next time a round. Just keep on fishing brother!:big_smile:

3. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Pat you know Monty can be a "Female Dog" when she wants to. Better luck next trip.

4. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    i feel your pain pat...i know all to well exactly what kind of day you had on monty:sad2:...at least you got to go fishing and i can say that ever since deer season came in the boat traffic/fishing pressure has died off dramatically:big_smile:

5. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    pat...i just figured out why you did not hook up on any fish...in your list of baits used i did not see shrimp...come on man you always have good luck on them shrimpies:big_smile:...where were the shrimp pat???

6. Cat Lady

Cat Lady New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Craig, you and Chris promised us that Texas Pete crickets stuffed in a purple fruit loop was the #1 bait????? I don't understand:confuse:Come on tell all,:smile2: