Lake Monticello 1/20

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by chrisblue, Jan 20, 2007.

1. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    The big fish was feedin pretty good today off and on.We got a 45lb, 35lb and 28lb fish and lost one of the biggest fish I've ever felt some reason the circle hook come out and that dont happen very often.We had 18 fish in all most where from 3 to 12lbs.We caught them all in 100 foot of water with zara spooks and the big one hit a chatter bait swam just under the surface.Those thing are awsome.:big_smile: :big_smile:

Attached Files:

2. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    Chris

Don't give away all the secrets! I thought I was the only one dog walking big cats.:big_smile:

3. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    :lol: chris you forgot to tell the color. dont you love days like that when they hit the top. congrates to you.

4. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Man, its just flat out amazin to see a big blue blow up on a zara spook.:lol: Like a great white blowin up on seal.:big_smile:

5. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Zara Spook!!!???? I don't believe it!!! You wuz using crickets again :big_smile:

6. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Zara Spook.

Chatter Bait.

Did you forget deep trolling spinnerbaits on leadcore? :big_smile:

As the tournament grows closer it is amazing how the bite changes. :big_smile:

7. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    One thing that amazes me about Monitcello and the nuclear plant is that the trees stay green even in the dead of winter.

Amazing.

:big_smile: :big_smile:

8. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I have to find a way to get down there soon.

9. Beaufort

Beaufort New Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Great fish Chris gettin close to a 50lb.

10. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    :lol: Theres very few hardwood trees on big Mon, pines, pines and more pines.

11. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    good job chris you keep catching those big ones before next week end.:big_smile:

12. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    was you just fishing or did you take a client out?

13. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    Oh I wasn't talking about the pine trees. I was talking about the ones with leaves, but I know it is from the nuclear plant. :big_smile:

I respooled some reels with leadcore tonight. Gonna make sure my spinnerbaits are tuned up. :big_smile:

14. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    No I was just fishin.

15. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    good job on the fish,hope they are biting like that on the 3rd,will surely make for an intersting event,i have heard talk of folks catching em on creek chubs and the like,never tried it before,i guess i will have to see it to believe it first hand,did yall anchor ot drift?or i guess i should include casting too!

16. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    I guess I'll give the secret away we where tipping the zara spooks with shad.2 to 3 twiches and pause for 4 seconds.:big_smile:Na we where anchored. One of my buddies was driftin and catchin a few but he eventually put his boat on the trailor and got in my boat.

17. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    man those are some nice fish again...i had to read your original post twice cause i could not believe they were hittin spooks and what not...hope we have a day like that on the 17th...awesome chris!!!!!

18. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    chris what or how do you stay anchored in 100ft water when i try that i get alot of movement that is if you dont mind giving up your secret thos fish sure makes me jealous good job keep them coming so i can wish thanks. ron howard

19. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    I wouldnt fishin in a 100 foot, I was just kiddin.Thats usually in the summer and fall when I drift is when I fish that deep.I try to anchor in 10 to 30 foot and be able to throw to 60 and 70 foot.If somebody has a good way of anchorin in 100 foot of water I sure would like to know how they do it too Ron.Theres plenty of steep drops on Monticello and sometimes I'll actually pull up on the bank and tie to a tree then back off and drop the back anchor.

20. Foxhound

Foxhound New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Thanks for the heads up Chris........Ill try ripping some buzz baits tipped with shellcrackers........that oughta get em going !!!!