Lake Monticello 1/1

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by chrisblue, Jan 1, 2007.

1. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Man it was such a beutiful day out on the water with the bone chillin wind and rain.We did manage to catch 12 fish.2 around 15lbs 1 around 18, 2 from 20 to 25lbs and 1 around 30lbs or so and the rest where 4 to 10lbs.Lost one at the boat close to 30, when the hook come out, the hook and 2 ounces of weight went flying right between me and Pat's head.Anchored using gizzard shad.Heres some of the pictures from my camera and Pat will post the rest from his camera.

Attached Files:

2. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Looks like you and Pat had a horrible day. :crazy:

Great catch guys!!! Nice fish in the pics! Wish I could have been there.

3. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    now thats how you over come your odds with a day like that. congrates chris and pat

4. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    hey chris,we headed out at about 4,done got chilled pretty good,we ended up with 8 blues and 1 largemouth about 4 lbs,the biggest blue we had was about 10,two others about 8 and the rest from 2 to 4, we had several get off near the boat,,wish we could have anchored more but didnt bring any of our big anchors we had 2 smaller ones and we tried those once,caught 2,but we kept moving around to much with that wind,we came set up to drift,next time we will be better prepaired with the better anchors,those are some nice fish yall caught,nice to meet you Pat,look foward to hooking up with yall and trying it again soon,hopefully better conditions next time and maybe we can get more participating

5. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    Great day fishing Chris and Pat. I can already see you guys are gonna be a handful at the CC tournament in Feb. Wylie Cat better bring his horseshoe that day. That is a good string on any cat lake.

6. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    I better bring a lock.

We will need to get there before Chrisblue unloads his boat, then we can slip a lock on the chain holding his boat to the trailer!! :lol:

7. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    You'll be able to hire Patman's Guide Service pretty soon. He's learning real fast from Chris. :big_smile:
    Great day on the water, guys. Wish I had been there with you.

8. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Here's some photos of some of our fish. You can tell from one of the pics that the wind had been blowin' a bit, cause my toupee' is kinda sidways :tounge_out: :eek:oooh: :lol:

9. Patmansc

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Ok, here they are...

Attached Files:

10. Patmansc

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Here's 3 more pics. I haven't quite yet figured out how to import & resize photo's, but if I keep hanging out with Chris I should have plenty opportunity :lol: He really knows how to find fish.

Attached Files:

11. SC Hartwell

SC Hartwell New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    Pat looks like you are learning some good information from Chris. Wish I had someone that experienced to go out fishing with me.

12. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Pat, I'm glad you're getting into some fish. Hats off to Chris for inviting you along and showing you the ropes. He's a good one to learn from. :big_smile:

13. Patmansc

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Guys, I really know that I'm lucky. Cap'n Chris has taught me a bunch - if I never go fishing with him again I would still be 300% better off than I usta be. I guess that's part of what sportsmanship is all about, helping & sharing with others.

14. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Man, you are tryin your best to jinxs me aint you.:lol: I'm gone end up havin the worst day ever on Monticello during the tournament.

15. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    well if i get to fish it i hope you get real jinxed,:lol:

16. tony

tony New Member

State:
    lake Murray sc
    those are some great pics patmansc!! have a great week!!!

17. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Great fish guys. I'll be fishing Monty this winter a little more because the high water everywhere else.

18. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    chris and pat...i'm jealous...that is about all i can say. :wink: