Lake Monticello 08/16/09

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Chalk, Aug 16, 2009.

1. Chalk

Chalk New Member

State:
    Union, South Carolina
    Went to Monti today and tryed to catch a few cats. We anchored on humps for a while and ended up catching 2 dinks, 2 4lb fish and an 11lb fish. The bite slowed as it heated up so we started doing some drifting. I marked some fish and tossed out my orange marker over the spot. After we drifted past the marker here comes a Pontoon pulling someone on a tube which they are not supposed to be doing on Monti. They pulled up to my marker and procedded to get it until I hollared and then they threw it in and drove away. Next drift another boat ran over my marker and I assume it busted the marker and it sank because I never seen it again. Over all we had a good time but it could have been alot better.:wink: We had shrimp, herring, perch, and bream for bait but just couldn't get any takers.

Attached Files:

2. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    That's why I don't like to fish on the weekend - too many ignorant, reckless and irresponsible boaters. Hopefully you'll have a better experience next time!

3. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Thanks for the report.

4. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Thanks for the report. My luck was about the same all but my largest fish was smaller. I caught a lot of small fish on night crawlers, right off bottom drifting (bottom bouncing) while dragging a few rods baited for the larger fish.

5. catfishinsc

catfishinsc New Member

State:
    SC
    The last time I went to Monticello I saw a pontoon launching as we were waiting to get the boat on the trailer. They backed down the ramp and then proceeded to prepare the boat for launch. They had a tube in the boat. They finally got the boat ready and got it launched. A guy that was by himself in a small jon boat had just pulled up and got out to get his truck. When the guy in the pontoon got ready, he opened the throttle to wide open right by the landing. The wake came close to swamping the jon boat, and that guy was not happy. I wonder if maybe that was the same pontoon.

I'm sure if you say something to him, he will say the sign only says no skiing and no jet skis, and nothing about tubes. Common sense will tell you though that if skiing and jet skis aren't allowed, you shouldn't pull tubes either.

6. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thanks for the report.

7. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    I think all waterways are for fishermen. Everyone else is wasting gas:angry::smile2:

8. catfishinsc

catfishinsc New Member

State:
    SC
    I won't disagree with that. It is nice sometimes though let some youngsters have a little fun by pulling them behind a boat. It's sometimes fun for adults too.