Lake Monroe 2007

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Travsher, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Travsher

Travsher New Member

State:
    Columbus indian
    I talked to DNR this winter and they told me that they stocked Blues in Monroe a few years ago. has anyone had any luck with them? My wife and I caught this mess of channels last fall at monroe but would like to target some blues.

Attached Files:

• 01.jpg
      01.jpg
      File size:
      21.9 KB
      Views:
  2. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    the only one i've seen caught was my dad caught one 2 years ago crappie fishing. it was 8-10 pounds. But i've heard of some guys catching some 20-25 pounders. which sounds pretty right if they just stocked them a couple years ago.

3. super_pain

super_pain New Member

State:
    indiana
    Now i don't know if i am remembering correctly or not but, i swear i read an article in the newspaper that an older guy caught a blue out of there around 52 lbs or more. this has been maybe 2 or 3 years ago..The only thing i have caught out there myself was a zillion crappies and 1-- only 1-- walleye but it was a 9 pounder..lol :lol:

4. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    Went out on Monroe yesterday crappie fishing. Got into some real nice ones. We cleaned about 18 fish, none under 10 inches, moster were 11-13. I'm gonna try and stay on the bigger ones so whent he gathering gets here hopefully everybody can get on some nice fish! haven't done any cat fishing yet. the crappie and walleye bites have been too hot. The walleye are really hitting right now. catching them in 1-3 feet of water along the causeway at night and around points. mainly on jigs, but have pulled a couple in on crankbaits. Everybody get ready! The Gathering is just around the corner!!!