Lake Monitcello - Day after Christmas

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by tnfishman, Dec 22, 2007.

1. tnfishman

tnfishman New Member

State:
    tennessee
    Plan on going to Monticello. Do a little bass fishing and some catfishing, anybody got any suggestion on either? Wife is off from work and must take her fishing hopefully catching!!

2. wylie catter

wylie catter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I've only seen one bass come out of there myselfe. So good luck. Hope yall have a good trip. Cut herring or shad always works for me on the catfish.

3. monticelloJCR

monticelloJCR New Member

State:
    South Carolina, Monticello
    Just came in from my rods. Caught a couple 11lbs. and under, lost a pretty nice one. Was so windy the portch chimes are swinging side-ways!! the cats have been hitting cut shad pretty good, but right after dark the bass have really been hitting the schools of shad hard in the shallows! The whole time i'm out there fishing i can hear the bass hitting the top!! Hope this helps!

4. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina

man you got it made livin on that lake...i know you got a lot of people jealous... including me!!!!:big_smile:must be nice to toss out a rod into monticello without having to drive an hour and a half one way.:smile2:thanks for the reports.

5. monticelloJCR

monticelloJCR New Member

State:
    South Carolina, Monticello
    Hey I know alot of ya'll drive a long ways to get to monticello. Write my name down and if you ever have any problems while in this area, I would be more than happy to help in any way possible. You can ask anybody around here, and they can get in touch with me, or ask the store to call me. If i ever get where i can reply to a private message i will give my cell number! Safe fishin' and Merry CHRISTmas!!!

6. Jeffrey Green

Jeffrey Green New Member

State:
    S.C.
    Thanks for report,love to fish monty just hav'nt had time to get down there.

7. Jeffrey Green

Jeffrey Green New Member

State:
    S.C.
    Thanks for report,love to fish monty,just hav'nt had time to get down there lately.