Lake Millwood

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Little Mac, Jul 15, 2009.

1. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Im hoping that Poison pits or Fishstick or any of you fellas that live down that way can give me any heads up on this lake, I read where they have large blues and flats 50lbs + plus up to 20lb channels. article I read said to fish the areas where the little river or the saline river dumps into it. does anyone have any kind of experience fishing this lake? I understand it to be on the shallow side for a lake. appreciate any information. I think I have a map of this lake on CD.

2. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Mac

I used to fish millwood a long time ago when I lived over there but back then I didn't fish for cats.

Millwood is a good lake and has good cats and stripers in it. But that is about all I can tell ya as far as looking for them cats. A lot of big bass have come out of that lake also.

3. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    jim, i've fished millwood for the past 12 yrs but only for bass and crappie. they are starting a drawdown today to lower the lake 5ft for weed control. gonna be some killer fishing in the river channels after the drawdown. saline, little river and cossatot all feed into lake millwood. it's a shallow lake but the river channels average 25 to 30ft. all those big ole cats are gonna be jammed up in those river channels after the drawdown. you need to plan a trip down this way sometime and get you a mess of them.

4. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    hey i like the sound of that set up. stacked huh. me likes.

5. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    How long does the drawdown last? I best be lookin into it. Maybe hit it right before WDM then swing around to WDM. sounds like a plan.

6. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    sounds like a plan to me but if ya want some flathead action for sure put in off hyway 71 before ya get to ashdown and go upriver till ya start seeing the lay downs and log piles on left side of river.ive cought lots of flats there but if ya keep any dont put them over the side of the boat on a stringer.milwood has a good population of alligators in the lake and up the river.below the dam on the west side theres a boat ramp and it has a sign.the sign says swim at your own risk no life guard on duty.right below that theres another sign that says do not feed the alligators.:wink:

7. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    :eek:oooh::eek:oooh::eek:oooh::crazy: Well, I guess I will go prepared with steel leaders, an big hunks of meat.......... :smile2::wink: Thanks Pits. Sleep in the tree's right? or is that where big foot is??? :tounge_out:

8. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    I decided not to go to this lake, instead I may go to WDM a little earlier than planned. Will call and see if I can get my spot for a few days before.

9. Smellycat

Smellycat New Member

State:
    Harrison Arkans
    Alligators!
    Well, I guess I`d chance it if its good flathead fishin.