Lake Melvern

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by nOct3rn4l, May 5, 2009.

1. nOct3rn4l

nOct3rn4l Member

State:
    Kansas
    Christy and I will be at Melvern Saturday and Sunday, were looking for any info where we might have some luck fishing off the Bank. We have never been there before.
    Thank you in advance Shawn.

2. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Ive never fished there before, but you know me.
    Id be up by the river in the FREE Sundance park.:smile2:
    Its free, plus Id imagine the fish are around there somewhere.:wink:

3. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    I heard turkey point campground, camp site #15 is excellent for bank fishing:wink::smile2:. Actually I have no idea. good luck.

4. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Shawn, the shore looks good all along where we all will be at. I'm sure there'll be some one you can share a site with. Looked tonight, the lake level is droping again:smile2:, still 4 foot high. Should be at conservation by the time we get there.
    Lydia and me will get there on Wednesday and leave on Monday.

5. nOct3rn4l

nOct3rn4l Member

State:
    Kansas
    Jim I think i have Confused you, Sorry about that. But Christy and I are going to Melvern this weekend May 9th and 10th were just looking for a hot spot to fish this weekend were we can pitch the tent, but as far as the Gathering we will be needing a spot for that also to pitch the Tent.

6. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Shawn Like Kyle said the sundance area would be a good place to tent camp.
    The causeway there on the rocks would be a great place to be fishing this weekend.I would use worms or shrimp on a cork right along the rocks.Seems the best area is on the lake side/east on the north side of the bridge.

Also if you go north of the bridge to the 1st gravel road and take it to the west to the 1st road going back/south/left to the lake you will be fishing the flats.With a good south wind they will be there.Or you can take the gravel to the east and it will bring you to a nice cove with deeper water that can be really good.

You should be able to net shad right at the sundance boat ramp or under the bridge.

If wanting to fish in the river go to the 1st road south of the bridge and go west about 3 miles then go north about 1 mile past a cemetery and then roll to the west then north to the ramp.There are signs.

Good luck....

7. kccatkilla42

kccatkilla42 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    theres a campground not too far from the marina, and if you get a spot along the lake on the eastern side of the camp site, there is a walking trail that takes you along the shore to some rocks that seperate the marina from the main lake. if you fish on the marine side of the rocks, you can catch some nice channels on cut bait. on the main lake side of the rocks, there is a big flat that extends all the way along the shoreline parallel to the trail, its about 2-5 feet deep for about 75 yards out, me and my buddies waded out there one night. we've done shore fishing from both and always catch some nice channels. hope this helps.

8. nOct3rn4l

nOct3rn4l Member

State:
    Kansas
    Hey Guys thats some really good Helpfull information, thanks alot I really appreciate it.
    Ryan welcome to the BOC, Its a pretty awesome place here, lots of great info and people!

9. PUDLE

PUDLE New Member

State:
    Osage City Kansas
    They are catching cats in the marina off A dock were people clean there crappie. They charge $5 to fish. I caught the broken line of someones yesterday about 300yds away while crappie fishing. Had a 3lber on it.

10. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    Welcome to the BOC, ryan and chandler!!!

11. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    Welcome Guys.

12. Tuttlecat

Tuttlecat Active Member

State:
    Wamego, Kansas,
    Shawn,

I have #19 reserved for 5-7 of June.

You are welcome to stay there, I will be tent camping also, but unfortunately have to leave on Saturday, so it is yours the rest of the weekend if ya want it.

13. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Good luck out there Shawn. :big_smile:

14. Tuttlecat

Tuttlecat Active Member

State:
    Wamego, Kansas,
    You are welcome Friday also by the way:wink:

15. Catmaster

Catmaster New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    When my brother was in school up there I used to go to the spill way about once a month. the fishing always seemed to be pretty good down there when there was good water movement.

16. nOct3rn4l

nOct3rn4l Member

State:
    Kansas
    Hey Bryan, Christy and I will take you up on your offer for the Campsite, we will split the Cost with you, we will be there Fri thru Sunday. Thankyou

17. nOct3rn4l

nOct3rn4l Member

State:
    Kansas
    Hey Chandler welcome to the BOC!!

18. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas

Man giving away the hot spot! Now I have to find another one.

19. Tuttlecat

Tuttlecat Active Member

State:
    Wamego, Kansas,
    If you get there before I do, pick the best spot for your tent, as I will only be there one night, and plan on fishing late Fri anyway.

20. kccatkilla42

kccatkilla42 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    thanks for the welcomes. I used to have an account on here a year ago but I hadn't gotten on it in forever and I forgot my password! but yeah, thanks again and I'm looking forward to some great fishing this summer, I already went out tonight and caught a nice channel under the full moon, maybe a foreshadow to a great year!