Lake McSwain

Discussion in 'CALIFORNIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Mutt, May 10, 2006.

1. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    Was a decent day on McSwain today couldnt complain we lost 3 real big ones but we kept these 8 wouldnt of kept the littler ones but they were bleeding so we kept em.

2. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    Nice Mutt, good eats their man. Those trout sure are'nt like catfish have to treat them real gentle.

3. Mutt

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    yep got to be real gentel with them. the big one broke the water about 6 times while bringing him in lots of fun trolling there. 5 blade flashers med sized blades with a snubber then a wedding ring witpped with a naight crawler. we slaughtered them today. felt good to get out for once and do something.

4. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Nice mess of trout there. Did you catch them trolling. I love catching trout on the troll.

5. Lil Hooker

Lil Hooker New Member

State:
    Your BackYard BOO
    I hear that's one of the better trout lakes around here. How deep where the fish?

6. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    Fished Mcswain shoreline during a grasshopper hatch i've never seen so many fish flying out of the water eating bugs in my life and we (4) of us limited out in an hour using the same grasshoppers. They keep that lake well planted thats for sure

7. Mutt

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    Well they are getting the lake back now they lowered it to a trickle end of last year for repairs on the damn. Now the water is a bit high running cold and clear about 56f. fish were holding depending on the area you were fishing anywheres from 15 to 50 feet deep. Keep your trolling speed tween 3/4 to 1.5 mph and you will do good.

8. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    Gotta talk Robb into getting his boat going so we can get up to them lakes he keeps laggin:roll_eyes:

9. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Nice stringer there Mutt. Do you use down riggers? They have house boat rentals there huh?:roll_eyes: Need to get up there soon:big_smile:

10. Mutt

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    hehehe vini yep sounds like some i know lol.
    Ahhh Robb nope no houseboat rentals on mcswain there is alo a 10mph speed limit there too mc clure has the house boats and stuff. they are hitting pretty decent at mc clure too the bass bite is or was wide open for a while there.

11. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    Those have always been good fishing lakes are you catching any crappie there Mutt, used to catch really nice crappie on Mcclure shorline just about anywhere. I used to fish for them mostly down by the campsite areas that was when I worked there in the summer for the Merced irragation district

12. Mutt

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    on mc clure they are catching them but I spend most of my time up there trolling for trout or bass fishing lol