Lake Mary

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by BubbaCat, Sep 21, 2009.

1. BubbaCat

BubbaCat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Back in the day Mary was full of Big trout, people would fish the narrows with dough bait of some kind and reel them in , kind of like when there where browns in powell , lower lake had the pike and you could catch them on anything and I do mean anything. man I wonder where that memory came from . Morman lake had pike in it also.

2. JNHoffman57

JNHoffman57 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I was thinking about heading up there in the next week or 2 for some pike, never fished them before but would like to give it a shot!

3. BubbaCat

BubbaCat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    The bigger fish will be on the outside of the weeds if you are using a boat get close to shore just out of range of the shore fishermen if shore fishing throw a dog as far as you can use a big hook and a float then when the pike takes it wait till a bigger pike eats it and so on and so on. should be a state record in there .

4. ragincajun19

ragincajun19 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    If you come up let me know, I will probably meet you up there. I was there on friday night and didn't get a bite. I fished with shrimp, worms and hog wild. The only thing I got was crawdads and rocks. Thatis not the norm mind you, I typically get there early enough to pike fish and have not really catfished there much. I have more luck catching cats on spoons up there than anything else. Maybe Rob has a secret for cats in Mary too other than trolling live trout!!:crazy:

5. BubbaCat

BubbaCat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    don't forget no live bait in coconino county ! or a lest admitting it .:wink:SSSSH! EXCEPT dogs and crawdads,

Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
  6. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Say what?? How about Nightcrawlers???

7. ragincajun19

ragincajun19 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Nightcrawlers are not considered live bait there. They just dont want you introducing new fish species there.

8. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    AZGFD is still pissed that people went and threw pike into ashurt and long lake, it used to be when i grew up in flag, the only place that had pike was Mary. Pike hammer the trout population.waterdogs on a bobber in front of the weed beds in Upper LM, works really well. You used to be able to buy waterdogs at the baitstore right there west of lower lake mary, been told they shut down. I dont know though.

9. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Jeremy welcome to the BOC. Good luck fishing!

10. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    Not really, i remember growing up fishing the narrows with worms, stink bait, and everything else under the sun, we usually did ok, never really caught a monster. That is the only place we went to catfish though. I do know trolling with trout can land you a toad pike. From what im told of course!:big_smile:

11. ragincajun19

ragincajun19 New Member

State:
    Arizona
  12. ragincajun19

ragincajun19 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    The bait store is still open, I was just there. They do shut down for the winter though.

13. Razzmatazz

Razzmatazz New Member

State:
    AZ
    One of the whole family. And, who is the ugly young punk in my picture;) Long time ago.:cool2: is me

Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
  14. ragincajun19

ragincajun19 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Baby Lily is in the picture there, shes just not born yet. I have been trying to get some old pics scanned so I can put up a fish avatar like you guys. However, like Rob, all I used then were disposables. Workin on it dude:wink: