Lake Marion Yields a new Avatar

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by alpal16, Dec 24, 2008.

1. alpal16

alpal16 New Member

State:
    Philly, PA
    Hey Guys..

Had a great day of fishing on Lake Marion on 12/23/08 with my buddies and excellent guide Capt. Dewayne Proffit. The morning started out pretty cold and rough, with ice forming on the deck of the boat, but it warmed up and calmed down after a couple of hours. This is my second trip with Capt. Dewayne and again he did not disappoint. The first fish caught was a small channel (about 4 pounds), but we quickly hit into the blues in the 10-17 pound range. The second to last spot we hit yielded the biggest fish of the day, a 32 pounder, which was my PB by a longshot. This was the biggest fish I have ever seen and I was shocked and amazed when it surfaced---especially given the fight it was putting up which really disguised it's size. We were all totally happy when we netted the fish (We CPR'd him, of course). In all a total of about 12 fish were caught, including the monster. We all had a great time and hope to do it again next year. Attached are a couple of pics--the big one is my new avatar. If you ever want to fish Lake Marion and need a guide, Capt. Dewayne is your man.

Attached Files:

2. fishmccall

fishmccall New Member

State:
    Anderson sc
    congrats to u on your new PB.:big_smile::big_smile::big_smile:

3. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
  4. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Congratulations on the PB and the overall trip and report, Alex. Thanks for sharing. Merry Christmas.

5. nanny patrol

nanny patrol Member

State:
    SC
    :big_smile:Congrats on a great trip and the PB. Thats a pretty good Christmas present.

6. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Very nice Alex! I live 30 minutes from said waters and absolutely LOVE IT!!!!!
    Come back to see us again!

If ya boy Proffit is ever not available ole' Roundhill is a pretty awesome guide too!:eek:oooh: He IS a BOC Brother!:cool2:

7. bearfrog1

bearfrog1 New Member

State:
    Mount Pleasant,
    Good job man.
    I love those Santee Lakes... A trophy is always just a cast away there.