Lake Marion Tomorrow

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by BigTex, Apr 30, 2009.

1. BigTex

BigTex New Member

State:
    SC
    Going to Marion in the morning, anyone have any recent info? Not asking for your holes just general direction, north or south of 95. I camped there a couple of weeks ago and did alright, I caught mine at night in 20 + ft of water. 7 fish total weight 89 pounds. When I was there, a few people were catching numerous blues in less than 5ft, just wondering if anything has changed. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

2. Team Hold EM Hook

Team Hold EM Hook New Member

State:
    al
    buddy of mine tore em up in the canal last weekend for 2 nights, biggest was in the 30's He usually fishes moultrie but not last weekend

3. ron.hawk

ron.hawk New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    We went last weekend
    And heard they were catching fish on the flats in shallow water. We tried and had a little luck. Late in the evening We went to the canal and caught 25. Locals that I spoke with did say they were catching fish in the flats.

4. santeefishhunter

santeefishhunter New Member

State:
    north caro
    I'll be on Lake Marion tomorrow with clients on the boat. I did really good last Saturday fishing in the deep water in the woods a couple miles off the dam. We had 21 nice fish last Saturday. The reports are during the day fish deep and at night the shallows have been doing really good. I'll be on VHF 74 if I can help or give you a report. Stump jumping has been doing good in the woods and we were giving them at least 30 minutes before we had much action.

5. banks

banks New Member

State:
    south carolina
    kevin are you going satueday

6. santeefishhunter

santeefishhunter New Member

State:
    north caro
    I'll be there Saturday!

7. BigTex

BigTex New Member

State:
    SC
    We fished about 6 hours and only caught two, a 3 pounder and an 8 pounder blue. Not a good day but it was better than working. Both were caught in five foot of water.