Lake Marion Report 2/14

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by outoftheboat, Feb 14, 2008.

1. outoftheboat

outoftheboat Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Had a lot of wind in the morning but by noon it was slick as glass. Caught 11 big one went 15. Drifting threadfin shad...15' of water...51-57 degrees...water a bit stained. All were released.

2. krowbar

krowbar New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Thanks for the report Kelley. Did you take any pictures?

3. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Thanks for the report Kelley. I fished Moultrie today and I couldnt get anything but dinks. Glad you had a good day. Have you found your lucky hat?LOL

4. WillyMan

WillyMan New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Thanks for the report.

5. outoftheboat

outoftheboat Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I walked out of the house and forgot the camera. I need to buy a cheap digital one and keep it in the tackle box.

6. Foxhound

Foxhound New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Fished upper end of Marion today and had a blast. Launched at lower State Park ramp fairly easy and started working over to river markers using trolling motor........bad mistake.......trolling motor now looks like weed eater. Used big motor and idled over to channel markers through mine field. Started working our way back toward I95 marking fish and anchoring down and casting back with threadfin shad and cut mullet. Managed to catch nine blues between the state park and I95. Anchored down at I95 bridge and caught 11 more in one spot coming up off the river channel. A couple were bumping 20 lbs but most were between 5 and 10. Lost quite a few fish fishing the edges of the mine field where we could find water at least 3 ft deep.......as soon as they hit you had to try to muscle them out of the stumps. It almost seemed like they are trying to move up in those stumpfields to spawn. We used my 18 foot bass tracker today but I think I could launch my pontoon at that ramp without much trouble. Getting from the ramp to the river channel is the trick.

7. crclhuk1

crclhuk1 Member

State:
    Central, SC
    Sounds like you had a great day fishing. You can always replace that t-motor prop, but can't replace the feeling of catching a good mess of fish.

8. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Foxhound you must have them zeroed in. That is alot of fish and sounds like yall stayed busy catching them. Thanks for the ramp update.