Lake Marion Report 11/26

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by outoftheboat, Nov 28, 2007.

1. outoftheboat

outoftheboat Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Put in at Canal Resort went up and drifted upper part of Marion with cut herring. We caught 11 big one 28lbs. Fish seemed to be scattered all over the place. The depth finder would show nothing and then you would catch one. We fished for 7 hours. Had a great day.

2. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Thanks for the report, Kelly.

3. Gomer

Gomer New Member

State:
    ladson,sc
    Thanks for the update Kelly

4. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Thanks for the report Kelley. Nice to see someone still hitting the upper lake. Were they all blues?

5. outoftheboat

State:
    South Carolina
    They were all blues. For some reason I don't catch many flatheads drifting. I usually average 2 a year. They were about to knock the rod out of the holder...they hit really hard.

6. maddkatz22

maddkatz22 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I fished the dead forest out in front of Randolph's the past Mondays and we done pretty well fishing with live salty's and mullet minnows, fishing on the bottom around the stumps. They were bitting pretty hard. Most fish in the 20-30# range. Both were great days.

7. krowbar

krowbar New Member

State:
    South Caro
    How is the condition of Canal Lakes boat ramp? Last time I was there you could see the rocks past the end of the concrete ramp. It was low then and that was 3 weeks ago.

8. outoftheboat

State:
    South Carolina
    There was only about two feet of boat ramp then turned to rocks. A guide put a toon in before me with no problem. You can no longer use the dock because it's on it's side.

9. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Thanks for the report Micheal and it is good to hear from you again. Glad to see you are getting on the fish.