Lake Marion Info

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by jimbob3445, Jun 22, 2007.

1. jimbob3445

jimbob3445 New Member

State:
    New Bern, North Carolina
    Hey guys i live in north carolina but me and my wife are gonna be vacationing down in santee on lake marion in the middle of august the name of the road is Overton road if any of you know that exact location well anyways the house we are renting comes with a 14 foot john boat that we are allowed to use and wanted some info on where is the best places to fish and techniques around that area.

You can either reply to this message or if you don't want everyone knowing your info u can private message me, i check my messages frequently

2. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    I would suggest that you go to the search at the top of the page and input Santee or Lake Marion and you should get information overload.In fact if you print it all out and take it with you you wont have time to fish!!!:big_smile::wink:

3. catch & release

catch & release New Member

State:
    SC
    In a 14 foot boat I would suggest within swimming distance of your house!

4. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Jonathon, the only "Overton Road" I'm familiar with is in Santee, near I-95, and along the backwater creek there. The 14' boat would be just fine in those waters, and if the winds are calm you should be able to fish along the lake shore near the interstate. Good luck!

5. jimbob3445

jimbob3445 New Member

State:
    New Bern, North Carolina
    yes that is exactly where it is. is there any good fishing around there and if so what areas do u fish the middle of the channel or more along the shore

6. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I would try the areas adjacent to the river channel, in 10-25' of water. If that doesn't work, search around the channel drops. The fish are pretty much through spawning and should be working back to those areas. Don't overlook that creek, either; it may not get much fishing pressure for cats. You can get live bait right there is Santee. Use some small pieces of worms fished on the bottom and catch some white perch or bream for bait, and I almost always bait at least one line with nightcrawlers. Sometimes the largest fish of the day may hit those. :big_smile: