Lake Marion flathead

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by BigTex, Aug 22, 2008.

1. BigTex

BigTex New Member

State:
    SC
    Went to Lake Marion for a week and tried to fish at night off the dock when the weather cooperated, this was the biggest and weighed right at 30. Cant wait to get a bigger boat so I can chase them at night, right now I only have a 14' aluminum boat and I am not about to be stupid on that lake. I go out during the day when the weather is good, I just dont ever do good during the day, but a bad day of fishin is better than working.

Attached Files:

2. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Nice 'un! Don't blame you for thinking clearly about the possible danger on the lake in a small craft.
    Bill in SC

3. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    That's a really nice flattie! Stay safe out there.

4. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    Big Tex,
    If I had a small boat on santee at night, Iwould fish the flats at Harry.s. Even with my 0ld 16 ft skiff, sometimes I would limit myself to the canal and harrys. When the wind got up I could safely get back to the landing.
    It always seems to blow when I am there!!!!.
    I have seen alot of people not worry about the weather there but I have seen it so bad there that the waves buried the bow of a pontoon I was crossing from the lower lake accross the dam back to wyboo.
    Later,
    Lindsay

5. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Man, if I had 30# flathead catfish coming to feed at the dock, I'd just set up a recliner with a cooler nearby! :wink: Congrats on the catch, and good luck down the road.

6. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Congrats on the flathead. Santee can get nasty day or night. Dont overlook the creeks and the islands where you can hide from the wind they are great places to fish.