Lake Marion - Fishing with the Girls

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by blackwaterkatz, May 20, 2007.

1. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I spent a great afternoon and evening yesterday on Lake Marion, fishing with my two daughters and their husbands. What a great way to spend my Birthday! CatfishJunkie and husband invited me to go along with them and other daughter on their pontoon. Fish bit a little slow, but we managed a few blues from 2 - 15#'s. Wind shifted to the south after midnight and the bite dropped off quite a bit. Had lots of trouble with gars picking up the baits, but ended with a great evening. Wonderfull company, plenty of food!, and Trisha caught her largest fish ever (15# blue). Water temps were about 73 deg., S-W winds 10 - 15. We caught some drifting before dark, and the rest anchoring in 4-6' of water, using cut fresh herring for bait.

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Happy 30th birthday! LOL! Glad ya had a good time.

3. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    :009:Happy Birthday, sounds like y'all had a great time!!

4. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    always good to spend the day on the water , even better with family

5. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    It's great to spend time with the family - especially fishin' :big_smile: Glad that you had a good time, and hope that you had a very special birthday, Tommy :009::009::009:

6. Shrimp Man

Shrimp Man New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Happy Birthday Tommy, Man what a great day to be on the lake, and Mother Nature was smiling with great weather too.

7. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Happy Birthday Tommy. Glad to see you back on the water and looks like yall had a good time.

8. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Happy Birthday. Good way to spend it.

9. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Happy birthday YOUNGMAN!!!!:big_smile:As junior man you get to pull anchor.I was joking about the Santee book being your birthday present but it worked out just fine.Sounds like a great day for you.I just got back from a week long conference and am trying to catch up as usual.Is anybody fishing the Memorial day weekend.I know some folks are.I'm at Harrys but might not have my boat this time.The folks that did my annual motor maint broke the actuator for the brakes on the trailer and now of course we are scrambling like crazy to get it fixed but it might not be ready.I will still come down in any case and just relax for a few days.I can go down and re new my bait license and drive over to Santee and pick up some more peach cider and scuppernong grape juice.Maybe Ron can take me out with him if he is going to be there.I'll pull anchor or socks to earn my way.:big_smile::lol::smile2:

10. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Happy Birthday, and congratulations on a great day. Sounds pretty much perfect!

11. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Thanks, Jim. I'm slowly getting through the book, a little over half way so far. Taking my time and really enjoying the stories of years past. As I read it, though, it becomes obvious, as you mentioned once, that greed has indeed contributed to the decline of the striper fishing around here.
    I'm not sure if I'll be fishing or not yet, I may just take off to the mountains instead, but if not you're welcome aboard, for sure.

12. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    jim i sure whould like a new anchor man but i will be on the fontana till the middle of june we can work a trip out after that maybe we can get a bunch of boc brothers togather on the lower lake for a drift fishing education lol

13. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Sounds great Ron.You lucky dog; Fontanna!!!:big_smile:Love that lake.Small mouths ,trout,walleyes :big_smile:Beautiful setting and nice and cool.Good luck and bring back some walleys filets if you can.I think they are the best eating freshwater fish,well maybee crappie are equally good.:big_smile::lol: