Lake Marion Fishing Trip today.. Picture..

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by zivetor, Feb 10, 2007.

1. zivetor

zivetor New Member

State:
    Charleston, S.C.
    Hey All, we went to Marion today and fished around Marker 49 and drifted toward the dam. We only caught 1 catfish while still fishing in the stumpfield by Marker 49.. Lots of boats out today, don't think they were catching much either do to the fish carcus cans at the cleaning station. Saw one carcus that could have been about a 40lber.. We used herring from Neds, and cut it butterfly style with a circle hook, carolina rig with a cork close to the hook..

Here is the picture.. I didn't catch it, my Honey did. I did bait the hook though.:smile2: . We would have realeased him later on but if you look close you can see where I knicked him with Prop, I forgot about him being in the water and took off.. OOPPPSS..:embarassed: .

Did anyone else have any luck..

Attached Files:

2. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Thanks for the report Lenny.

3. Charity

Charity New Member

State:
    Inglis,Florida
    Nice Kitty
    I haven;t got one that big yet but I am trying I am looking forward to geting one that big. thanks for the Pic.

4. SC Hartwell

SC Hartwell New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    Nice cat... I can't beleive you are catching cats drifting this time of year?

5. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Nice catch Lenny. Looks like a good catfish dinner for two.

6. Gomer

Gomer New Member

State:
    ladson,sc
    Nice dinner Lenny !! Did moma catch him on an ugly stick? Looks like he has some shoulders on him.

7. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Nice blue - congrats :lol:

8. CaTmAnDo55

CaTmAnDo55 New Member

State:
    florence, SC
    nice fish, i too was at santee i put in at randolphs. we didnt have much luck we went straight out to the dam tried anchoring up on some good fish at about 30 ft but no luck so we tried drifting and still no luck we were used gizzard shad, some small shad we got from randolphs and eel. we talked to one guy who said he caught one 40lb and one 10 lb and he said they caught him off marker 46. one guy caught a 5-6lb at the landing off the dock.maybe we'll do better next weekend.

9. zivetor

zivetor New Member

State:
    Charleston, S.C.
    Thanks All, We caught it on an abu Garcia 6000. My gal can catch some fish now. We went today and fished close to the dam, actually we fished in the deepest hole in the lake. And caught it. I will open another post and upload the picture..

Lenny

10. bruce edmunds

bruce edmunds New Member

State:
    southcarolina
    we fished upper lake out behind marker 46 ,toward dam ,tried down rods awhile, then started driftin, managed to catch 6 fish,all day,largest 8lbs.we were using blue backs,cut and live, fish only hit cut .not bad ,for first time,but not real good either.but we did have a good time bruce .